Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bare essentials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
sunnycher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnycher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:24am
You don't have to spend any money to try it.   Simply find a salon or makeup store that will gladly give you a free lesson and demonstration.  Then, you can make an educated decision!
SunnyCher
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 4:39pm
I have darker skin and really want to use a mineral makeup so I ordered a sample of ada foundations, it's mineral foundation for darker skin tones. I hope it works like BE. I will update when I get my sample.
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 5:11pm
Hey...try blotting sheets for those areas once or twice daily...they work great & take oil away from those areas instead of just covering it up...once you blot, use your mineral veil there again...I bought like $250 dollars worth of BE when I first started, face, eyes, brushes, mascara everything...I wouldn't do it again...I use the bisque/summer bisque, foundation, warmth,all the brushes & a shadow called coffee bean over my liquid liner (to smudge) I wan't crazy about their mascara...Anyway, for future reference you may want to try QVC.com for good prices or watch when they have the specials...their prices are better than the regular stores...I haven't tried ebay...but check out QVC!
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 5:11pm
Cheap Bare Essentials Prices!!!

www.qvc.com

Edited by manstoppers - June 29 2006 at 5:12pm
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by dearcole dearcole wrote:

Has anyone found the Bare Essentials to have a very fair color?
i'm a redhead and pale white all year long.

do you think its worth the money to try it?
what is the cost for the foundation?

Hi cole...I'm a fair-skinned strawberry blonde, close enough?  I am using fairly light for the summer and I will likely use fair for the winter (I'm a new BE customer). I hope this helps. The Sephora website shows all of the BE foundations, might help if you take a look. Go to sephora.com
Follow Your Bliss
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 1:09am
 I think for anyone who doesnt have oily skin it's great. My sister uses it all the time.I cant cuz my face is oily and it just slides right off my face! Plus the shimmer in it is really a pain when you already have shine. I wish I had drier skin so i could use it.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 1:37pm
Jules, are u talking about BE? Cause I have have oily skin and it works great for me.

Much love, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 2:55pm
 Well,I go through like, 10 oil absorbing sheets a day. It just does not stay on my face at all. Exspecially in summer,it's like,why did I even bother? Maybe your face isnt as oily as mine.I think I have hormonal imbalance or something,it's like,abnormally oily. I also find the bare make-up is just to darn shimmery! But I use acne medicine (differin gel) which makes my face kinda shiney already,so I just do not need that extra shininess.
I dont think everyone else has MY issues,so for normal people it's probably fine.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 9:23pm
so what do you use for makeup jules? Have you tried Elizabeth Arden good products.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 12:08am
 I have used only colorstay for years...everytime I switch my face breaks out. My skin apparently is not just oily,but very sensitive too (not a good combination!)
Does Elizabeth Arden make any kind of matte make-up for oily skin?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 11:40am
Yes Elizabeth Arden does make matte make up, for oily skin, and their products are very good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 10:29am
Sephore voted BE foundation the best foundation of '06. They also voted BE's mineral veil the best powder. Big%20smile

That reminds me-I'm low on mineral veil...time to shop!
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 11:30am
to bad BE uses cornstarch in there veil.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 3:38pm
 I have heard talc is bad for acne. Is that true about cornstarch babycheeks?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 7:06pm

BE is def not my fav mineral product, they contain Bismuth which is itchy and cornstarch which is not good for acne, if u want a mineral product to help with acne look for minerals that contain lots of zinc. I like J.lynne cosmetics and monave as well as everyday minerals there are a few others id recommend over BE, now that i have tried almost all of them i really can tell which mineral line one is better than the other. BE is really a rave simply due to infomercials and people really dont know there are other minerals out there nor are the others on the market. a bit sad lol.

Edited by babycheeks24 - October 01 2006 at 7:07pm
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 7:48pm
 Where do you get the J.lynne and monave?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 11:27pm

everydayminerals.com

J.Lynnecosmetics.com

monave.com

Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 9:06am
I still have to check out everyday minerals! So weird....I prefer pressed powder that contains cornstarch. I find that it absorbs the oil best. I used to use a product called cornsilk, in fact. The zinc thing makes sense-it protects the skin from the sun and I have heard that when one takes zinc supplements it actually helps decrease oil production.
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

BE is def not my fav mineral product, they contain Bismuth which is itchy and cornstarch which is not good for acne, if u want a mineral product to help with acne look for minerals that contain lots of zinc. I like J.lynne cosmetics and monave as well as everyday minerals there are a few others id recommend over BE, now that i have tried almost all of them i really can tell which mineral line one is better than the other. BE is really a rave simply due to infomercials and people really dont know there are other minerals out there nor are the others on the market. a bit sad lol.

Maybe I am being sensitive, but this comment bothers me. While I appreciate you offering advice on other products, you really don't have to knock people who like and/or believe in a product.
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 7:52pm

It's good to know there is something besides talc and cornstarch. I have to be very careful what I use on my acne prone skin,and when I used BE it seemed to make it worse. Thanks for the info!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic