Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

volume shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
helpneeded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpneeded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: volume shampoo
    Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:17pm
is there a shampoo that helps get volume into thin hair???
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 8:25am

Not really but some help a little bit.  I use Jonathan Product and Bumble and Bumble (alternating).  I also just tried the new Pantene volumizing shampoo.  They help a little bit but not much.  My hair is very short so it is more likely to make a difference for me rather than someone with longer hair where the proteins in the shampoo get diffused over the length of the hair shaft. 

One thing to be careful of is that these shampoos can build up on hair and make it dull and limp.  Every third or fourth shampoo I use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the build up.  And I almost never use conditioner of any kind as it just makes my hair limp and difficult to work with.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 8:18pm
Oh, I forgot to mention in my other response to you that you might want to try a leave-in conditioner for volume. It sometimes helps. I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In and like it a lot. That way you are both conditioning, and getting a bit of volume at the same time.
oichick621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oichick621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 4:04pm

i have tried many volumizing ones too, expensive cheap, all of em. I find that loreal vive for men dailiy thickening works good. Suave had one for men too for a bit and that worked, but not sure if they still make it. same as vidal sassoon texturizing shampoo, everything I like they stop making lol

But try the vive for men, only thing I like so far. I also use KMS paste up spray in the green metal spray bottle, lil bit goes a long way. You put it on while hair is wet and blow dry.

My page on myspace myspace.com/oichick_621
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 2:51am
Again with the Mastey !! , but it works I love "Envove" & I don't even use conditioner after shampooing with Envove as it's so hydrating as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic