Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good cut for fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good cut for fine hair
    Posted: February 13 2006 at 10:37pm

My hair is really fine so it gets oily and tangly easily.
What can I use to make my hair smooth and shiny all day without it getting oily and something to give it more volume? Maybe a product for the roots and a product for the body? Something low end I could get at a drug store.

And can anyone recommend a good cut for fine thin hair?
I usually get layers, but I think that makes my hair feel thinner.

Thanks!

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:45am

Hi,

I'm puzzled, Sorry I'm not a professional stylist, but as a observer of fine hair on women, I feel for you. My hair is medium fine. So it's gotten thinner, as I age. I remember as a teen till I was 25yr.s my hair was so thick, i was pissed, because i had to use alot of barrets and a pony tail, for my job as a Baker.

Now I'm 35yr.s and I long for thicker hair!, oh well.

If I was you I'd consult with a few stylists, as far as options on a great cut for you, and styling tips, and or affordable products too.

I myself have a twin sister who is a cosmotologist, who has told me that hair color boosts the cuticle, to add body and volume too.

Also slight layers help fine, thin hair.

Also the short hair styles look just as pretty as longer hair.

I have med short hair, which is fringe sides, and slanted bangs, and even on the bottom. I have the thicker hair towards the bottom of my hair, but I love my hair.

I sometimes use a gel, or mouse, whichever look I want.

I love when I wake up and my hair has some wave .

My younger sister has naturally wavy hair, which is so nice, oh I wish I had her hair,;)

But at age 35, I'm more into life, than my hair. I'm blessed with great health, and Love in my life too!;)

This Saturday I'm getting married, for the first(and last time) I don't have kids, I'm on the fence.

My soon to be Hubby Steve loves my hair, even when it's flat looking, he is a Gem!!

Thanks for reading, I hope I've helped you out, God Bless you.  

God Bless,...
Katie
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 9:29pm
My hair is fine, slightly wavy, and can be frizzy and for me I keep going back to a bob with layers. It is the only style that works for me and I blow it dry with a round brush to style it. It is smooth that way, and seems thicker at the same time.
andreau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 8:17am

Hi there!

I have babyfine hair, that is of medium thickness, but I have always had trouble getting it to do things. I found that I have to color damage my hair with highlights to get it to have some volume (sad, but true). I got side-swept, longish bangs to kind of cover up  how thin it can look in front (I don't know if you have that problem). I also have a very layered cut above the shoulder. I've had hair of all lengths, and above the shoulder is a must for me to have volume. I also use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, and I blow dry with Aveda Phomollient with my head upside down. Then, I flick out the ends with a curling iron, and blow dry the already dry hair with a large round brush on top, holding the hair on the brush till it cools. I get amazing volume with this process, and it takes me only 10 minutes nowadays. I actually get compliments on my hair from strangers nowadays, too, which never happened before! So, that's my routine, but everyone' hair is different. Good luck:)

Andrea

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 9:32am
I have baby fine, thin, straight hair.  The only things that work for me are a blunt bob no longer than two inches below the chin (either with bangs or without) or very short and spiky (think Sharon Stone for both of these looks).  Short and spikey requires more products but I can actually skip a day of washing it with this look (my current one) and with the bob it was a must to wash every day.  Most of the shampoos for fine hair that you can get at the drug store are OK.  I rotate my shampoo every day using a different one.  Right now I have three that I use.  I almost never conditioner unless I am some place cold and dry and get static electricity.  I too have had good luck with color, either highlights or all over color.  It does give more body.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic