Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About to stop straightening my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About to stop straightening my hair
    Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:47pm
Hi

I have just stopped straightening my hair for the first time in years. If my sister is anything to go by, I am going to end up with VERY curly hair very soon. Eek!

So is there anything special I need to do to keep my hair in good condition? Will I need to get an intensive conditioner? And can I blow-dry without endng-up damaging it?

Any help or advice would be soooo welcome

Thanks x
weetieweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weetieweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:23pm
Deep conditioning is always good...and sometimes air drying helps for making curls look nice.  It also eliminates the damage!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:44pm

I think you'll need more than one conditioner, and possibly phase out the traditional shampoo (When I go curly, there's a need for at least 2 conditioners) Your hair will be different because you're a natural curlygirl. Definitely find a favorite conditioner, pad up your hair routine with one or two conditioners to use before your final one. For example C1, rinse, C2, rinse, C3, rinse.

Hope this helps
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 3:45am
Thanks - phew sounds like hard work .

It is already beginning to curl nicely, I reckon a few more days and it will have all it's natural curl back . That's when the REAL work starts, trying to make it look like I have a hairstyle, instead of just being a walking mass of curls
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 6:50am
Try blowdrying with a diffuser as you form the ringlets with a dime size of gel.
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by redhairedgirl redhairedgirl wrote:

Thanks - phew sounds like hard work .

It is already beginning to curl nicely, I reckon a few more days and it will have all it's natural curl back . That's when the REAL work starts, trying to make it look like I have a hairstyle, instead of just being a walking mass of curls

It's actually not that much more time to add one more conditioner. You could also try adding a second C in the form of a leave-in. The more moisture the better definition, at least that's the case when I sock-curl.  

my LJ, 40 inches long
steamboatsister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamboatsister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 1:15pm

Hi fellow redhead

I have med-length , very curly hair I blow dry. I don't use any fancy shampoo or conditioner, but do use some products before blow-drying. After combing out, I use about a dime-size drop of 'Bedhead' control freak #3 along with a small squeeze if 'Silk'. I mix them in my palms, apply and comb through. When blow drying, I find it best to divide hair first in half (top and bottom) then divide bottom in half using claws to hold. Thoughly dry one loose section and go on to next. For the upper half I do it in 3 sections always kepping the wet portion scrunched-up. it takes a while but is the only way I have had good results. Good luck  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 12:03pm
Thanks everyone who took the time to reply to this.

Love ya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 10:58am
Just wanted to stop by and thank you all for the advice .

If you're curly CONDITION and then CONDITION some more, that's my advice for what it's worth
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 11:15am

Hi redhaired girl!

I'm contemplating letting my curls come back, at the moment I plait hair when wet as it is so much easier to manage and I can't leave it to dry loose in the daytime.  Anais gives good advice (as always!).

Currently I'm applying oil for an hour, shampooing, conditioning then using a leave in conditioner.  Apart from the hour I leave the oil on it doesn't take too much time and my hair has defintely improved a lot. 

3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 8:41am
yea
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic