Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP MY HAIR WONT CURL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Fantasy* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Fantasy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP MY HAIR WONT CURL
    Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:27pm

I have straight hair naturally and i have one week until my graduation pictures i REALLY want big loose curls in my hair or even just something like this:: http://www.bryantchoung.com/archives/olsen.jpg
I've tried everything but nothing has worked i've used hair spray and mouse (not together) and ive used a variety of different sized curling irons such as 1' and 1.5 ' barral but none work... the only wya it did was when i was on vacation and i went to this salon in florida the lady did it and it stayed.. i dont want to pay $50 to get it done only for a couple hours.. any suggestions?

*Fantasy* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Fantasy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:40pm
anyone have any suggestions??
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:02am
I have fine/straight hair. I use Redken Hot Sets and spray it on each section seconds before I curl it. I also have to use a professional curling iron (1 1/2") with individual heat settings. I loosley 'finger fluff' it with texturizing pomade after I'm done. Don't brush it!  And then I use Big Sexy Hair Play and Spray Harder hairspray. I condition my hair like crazy first.......a setting of '7' is kind of high for my hair texture. My hair problems and the Texas humidity fight against me.
*Fantasy* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Fantasy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:29pm

Originally posted by KellyH KellyH wrote:

I have fine/straight hair. I use Redken Hot Sets and spray it on each section seconds before I curl it. I also have to use a professional curling iron (1 1/2") with individual heat settings. I loosley 'finger fluff' it with texturizing pomade after I'm done. Don't brush it!  And then I use Big Sexy Hair Play and Spray Harder hairspray. I condition my hair like crazy first.......a setting of '7' is kind of high for my hair texture. My hair problems and the Texas humidity fight against me.

hmm what is this redkin stuff? ive never heard of it ever....

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:53pm

It's specifically for curling hair with heat. It works great for me. If you saw my hair before using it (and about 4 other products) you wouldn't even recognize the same head of hair as in my pics.

I see you're in Canada. I buy my products at Ulta, but they are not in your country.

Here's the link to Hot Sets.....

http://www.redken.com/products/index.cfm?action=showproduct& amp;p=560&bt=2&b=270

If you can't find it, you can try e-bay.

*Fantasy* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Fantasy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:55pm

alright thanks

but if not do you have any other tips??

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:23am
Have you tried a firm hold non-aerosol hairspray while curling? Spray on each section. I used to do that before I tried Hot Sets. I think another key for fine/straight hair is finger fluffing instead of brushing or teasing.
*Fantasy* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Fantasy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 5:58pm
no ill have to try that ive tried just strong holdhair spray
angel bride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel bride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 5:46am
try doing fer it'll be good
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 1:58pm

Have you tried using a curling iron? I have found that it you curl your hair section by section and spray each section of hair with hair spray before you use the iron it will help to hold the curl. Also, if you wrap your hair around the curling iron barrel rather than clip your hair into the barrel you will get more natural looking curls and you will be able to curl all the way to the roots.

justaskkay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaskkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 3:04pm
why not pay, don't cheat yourself if what your doing isnt working then going to someone who can would probably be the next step but if not you should use a setting lotion and do pin curls 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic