Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

America’s Next Top Model

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America’s Next Top Model
    Posted: February 25 2006 at 12:44pm

There is some absolutely gorgeous hair among the next set of contestants in America's Next Top Model. The question is how many of them will still have gorgeous hair once that witch Tyra Banks and her witch mates get done with them. It remains a mystery to me why someone who wears wigs and extensions every day of her life can have the power to have beautiful women cut off their actual hair.

My pre-show favorite is Joanie:

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model6/models/joanie.shtml

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model6/models/kathy.shtml

Some have already undergone changes. Check this out.

Before: http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model6/pgall.php?ep=00&fd=1 &id=0

After: http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model6/pgall.php?ep=00&fd=1 &id=1

I imagine Tyra will make this one get a nose job.

I guess this should have been placed in the Reality Shows category. Sorry about that.

Edited by Kramer
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 1:02pm
Kathy And Joanie look exactly the same.... creepy.

I love the darker hair on brooke, what lovely facial features. I'm obessed with this show. I tried to get on it but I'm not american... damn you!

I'm so excited!

~* Bambi Lee *~
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 1:24pm
Tyra Banks is far more beautiful than all of them.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 2:04pm

Do you think she'd allow anyone more beautiful that her on the show? But let's talk hair. Hers isn't her own. Most, if not all, of the contestants more than likely have nicer hair than Tyra's real hair. I think I hear her sharpening the scissors as I type this.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 6:24pm
LOL Damm them all they have better hair then me lets fix that. LOL With the stone wheel going. LOL. Kramer thanks for that pic. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 9:44pm
Kari and Mollie Sue are the best in my opinion.  Most of them are prime examples for makeovers. 
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 6:20am

That's one brilliant dyejob they gave Brooke! Most brown dyes are red based and look fake but her's look natural.

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:18pm
Yes Molly Sue... shes uniquely beautiful. The others all look the same to me.
Tyra banks is cool cause she doesn't give a hoot what the modeling company says about her weight. She's plump and proud of it. But her hair as she tells EVERYONE all the time, isn't real. I wish I could wear weaves... lol.
When does the show start?
~* Bambi Lee *~
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:38am
I like molly sue and Gina, like you said the other girls look like one and the same person..
Vintage_Style View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage_Style Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:48am

I loveee Americas next top model!!!

im totally obsessed!!

omg!!! were still on cycle 5 in the uk! they dont look that pretty in the 6th?!!

"Hair is like gold, once you have it, you dont want to let it go..."
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 9:27am
they are going to appear bald for the first groups of pics. I am sure they are Bald caps though!  It should prove interesting though!
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:09am
I love that this show too...can any one tell me why a requirement is to be
5'7" or taller? Why do models have to be tall? I never understood that. I
like Molly Sue and Furonda. Molly sue is the most unique looking, and I
think Furonda is adorable, and she's got a beautiful skin tone. Both have
nice hair cuts that suit them. Sara and Brooke look like the same person
to me.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:43pm

Originally posted by Bambilee Bambilee wrote:

Yes Molly Sue... shes uniquely beautiful. The others all look the same to me.
Tyra banks is cool cause she doesn't give a hoot what the modeling company says about her weight. She's plump and proud of it. But her hair as she tells EVERYONE all the time, isn't real. I wish I could wear weaves... lol.
When does the show start?

WHAT??!!  Tyra is what you'd call plump?  Oh my.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:07am

I don't watch the show, but I'll flip through the model-wannabes, anyway. . .

Most of them don't seem to be that pretty. . . and a lot of the white chicks look alike to me. . . which is probably a sign of how cookie-cutter the modelling industry is :-P . . .  I like Furonda and Gina best-- they're pwetty ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:28am

I know someone who modeled professionally for a few months.  The reason you need to be so tall, at least 5' 7" is they want all the women to be around the same height, and build.  That way designers don't have to change their clothes so much for fashion shows or photo shoots.

Originally posted by Sugaree Sugaree wrote:

I love that this show too...can any one tell me why a requirement is to be
5'7" or taller? Why do models have to be tall? I never understood that. I
like Molly Sue and Furonda. Molly sue is the most unique looking, and I
think Furonda is adorable, and she's got a beautiful skin tone. Both have
nice hair cuts that suit them. Sara and Brooke look like the same person
to me.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 7:03pm

Found this regarding the show on March 8th:

"The Girls Go Bald" Episode #601/602.
The women learn they will be bald for their next photo shoot.

Cast: Janice Dickinson, Todd Newton, Rolanda Watts, Trey Smith, Tina Frazier , Trish Moreno .
Producer(s): Tyra Banks, Ken Mok.

Original Airdate: March 8, 2006.

HAWG
cookie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 7:53am
omg am still watching cycle 5. kyle was cut on mon nite thought that wasnt a good idea she was the prettiest of them all and had the nicest hair. dont like lisa at all she looks far too old and drinks too much not much of a role model in my opinion
cookie xoxox
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 5:08pm
Crazy and yes Tyra Banks is plump.... I think lots of people are, I have only to compare them to myself and well.... I'm as skinny as a pole. LOL..

They want models to be tall so they can fit them into the designers clothes. Usually they make them like a  one size fits all thing... the same reason they want you to be a size 0... to fit into the clothing. Which soemtimes even has to be pinned for fashion shows and photo shoots. 

Twiggy stayed on for this season too didn't she. Ah Janice, she's hilarious... everybody loves to hate her. :)

And no, not many of these girls have that kinda spark to them, like wow, she's really good to look at. But I guess it's not all about that, as long as you can take a good picture in whatever situation and be presentable as a model in public, you should be good to go... :D

~* Bambi Lee *~
illhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 7:52pm
Which season was the one where Jennipher got a foot of hair cut off?
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 10:27am
Kyle looked so much like a boy after her haircut. They gave her a boy's haircut, anyway, the kind of haircut you see guys in Indie Bands(and Radiohead) in the UK having. Ugh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic