Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pantene: Relaxed and Natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantene: Relaxed and Natural
    Posted: February 28 2006 at 2:05pm
My modeling teacher suggested that I (and other women of color) should use Pantene Relaxed and Natural. The products look interesting, but I'm not really sure. Has anyone tried these products? If so, was it a good of bad experience?? I'm gonna look up the ingredients.
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 2:53pm
I use them and love them. The hair oil moisturizing creme is INCREDIBLE! It's much lighter than Optimum and Pink Oil brands and doesn't sit on the hair. After you've applied it and gotten it into your hair, you can really feel the difference and can tell that it's penetrated the hair shaft. I love it.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 3:10pm
I had no luck with the line it dried my hair out BADDDD
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 3:33pm

Wow, totally different responses! I really do want to try it though. It looks really good(the breakage collection). 

Oh yeah, here are the ingredients in the  Daily Cream Moisterizer is:

Water , Mineral Oil , Glycerin , Petrolatum , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dicetyl Phosphate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Isodecyl Oleate , Sorbitan Stearate , Fragrance , Panthenol Pantene Pro-Vitamin Complex , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether Shampoo and Conditioner vs. Non-Conditioning Shampoo Alone , Cocos Nucifera Oil Coconut , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil Jojoba , Lysine HCI Pantene Amino Protein Complex , Methyl Tyrosinate HCI Pantene Amino Protein Complex , Histidine Pantene Amino Protein Complex , Paraffin , Triethanolamine , PEG-100 Stearate , Glyceryl Stearate , Methylparaben , Phenoxyethanol , Disodium EDTA , Propylparaben

Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 3:52pm
I personally would not try this product because it contains Mineral oil and Petroleum that block out moisture and it has a couple of Amino Proteins in it and that is a strong protein and I think using this every day would be a protein overload that could lead to brittle hair and breakage. Just my 2cents though
Hair album
pw:Romeo
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:09pm

.. Well Patene Relaxed & Natural did nothing for my hair what-so-ever.  I used the line awhile back when I had a really bad scalp problem.  It didn't get my hair fully clean(even though it was Anti-Dandruff), and it dried my hair out enough to where I didn't buy it again.  The only thing I can remember liking about this product was that it smelled delightful. -- So nevertheless, I say 1 out of 5 stars. (I have 4a hair!)

deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:34pm

I'm still not sure. My hair LOVES mineral oil  and petroleum. I tried castor oil for about 2 weeks and I noticed dry skin and flakes!!! Gross. I admmedentley (ahhh, spelt wrong) put some Motions grease on it and it feels better and no more flakeys.

I have another question, are those who <3 this product relaxed or natural. I don't think relaxed hair and natural hair hair anything in common because of the chemicals, so it's wierd that this product is "great for both"

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:54pm

Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

I personally would not try this product because it contains Mineral oil and Petroleum that block out moisture and it has a couple of Amino Proteins in it and that is a strong protein and I think using this every day would be a protein overload that could lead to brittle hair and breakage. Just my 2cents though

I agree.  Since Ive quit using prducts with mineral oil and petroleum, my hair has been so healthy and shiny, like never before.

4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 3:38pm
I bought the hair moisturizer, shampoo, and conditioner. The moisturizer is no good because it is greasy and has bad ingredients for our hair. the shampoo and conditioner are good, but i really only like the conditioner. it leaves your hair soft and less tangled. I am going to buy neutrogena or dove hair products now because ive heard goodd things on this forum about them.
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 3:52pm

So you suggest only the conditioner?? I am gonna try this (as a deep conditioner) and Cream of Nature Shampoo.

Oh yeah, i forgot to ask, what's wrong with protien??? and what would yall suggest for a moisterizer??

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:47pm
My hair is texturized and I only use it once or twice a week, so that may make a difference.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 3:29am
I have tried the moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner.  I liked the shampoo and conditioner but I stopped using the shampoo because of sulfate's.  They were both very detangling and softening.  I still use the conditioner on occasion.  Now the moisturizer did nothing for me.  It was just like putting lotion or something on my hair and plus it has mineral oil in it and that's a no no for me now.
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:19pm
I used the shampoo conditioner and moisturizer the whole year that I lived in South Dakota because I had no choice and I really like the shampoo and conditioner.  Now the moisturizer smells really good but its so greasy, if you do try it just use a small amount at a time.  Maybe that's where I went wrong with it.
Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
smithH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:43pm
I'm not feelin the mineral oil either in the product, but I tried the shampoo and my hair was soft afterwards, since it has mineral oil in it me personally, I would recommend using a good clarifying shampoo every now and then to fight build up from mineral oil and such.
R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:42pm

I notice that the ingredients also have parabens which supposedly aren't healthy for you either.  There's a huge thread on LCHF about parabens.

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 10:56pm
I use them, I like the shampoo and conditioner but the moisturizing cream is just too greasy, I know our hair needs more moisture than other races, but man, does it have to be soo heavy. They have a new product called defence or something like that, I haven't tried it as yet.
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 2:26pm

Pantene's new product line is called Pro-V Restoratives Anti-Breakage, and there are two lines...one regular one and one called Relaxed and Natural.  I compared the 2 and the only difference is  the R&L had mineral oil added...I use the regular version shampoo and conditioner and like them both.  The Strengthening lotion is pretty good too, I usually put a dab of shea butter in my palm and mix it with the lotion before putting it in my hair.  Not a big fan of the R&L line cause my hair does not like mineral oil.  The reg stuff works fine for me.

p.s. I've been trying the anti breakage for going on 3 weeks now...so far I like it a lot!

Hair type: 4a Relaxed
Current Length: Chin
Hair Goal: Mid Back
http://public.fotki.com/tiajanice/   Password : haircrazy
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 11:29pm

I've tried Pantene, Vidal Sassoon, John Frieda, Suave, Garnier Fructis, Optimum, Nexxus (there are exceptions), St. Ives, Herbal Essences, VO5, Tresemme, Queen Helene, Black n' Sassy, Hollywood Beauty, Fantasia, African Pride, Elasta QP (there are exceptions), Sulfur 8, African Royale, Lottabody, Neutrogena, Aussie, Infusium 23, Marc Anthony, Luster's, Straight Arrow's Mane n' Tail, SAMY, and maybe some more off-brands. Except somewhat good products Nexxus Humectress, and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, I found these products to be garbage.

We become product junkies because we focus on what's on the front of the bottle, i.e., advertising that claims it is especially for black consumers, with pictures of long-haired models. If we turn the bottles around we'll notice things like ammonium/sodium lauryl sulfates, cetrimonium choride, and quaternium 18. Many times the "black" products and "white" products have exactly the same chemical make-up; alkaline shampoos and runny wax-like conditioners.

I switched to CON's Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo. It is more acidic and has cocobetaine in it, which is better for me. Also, Capilo Cinnamon and Sole cond, acidic. I did try Salerm 21 on a fluke, but it turned out to be the one of the most impressive products I've ever used.

To conclude this essay:

Please, in general, read the back of the product's label, and compare the ingredients to those in the products you know already don't work for you. If they're the same, put it back on the shelf, and resist the PJ-ism with all your might.

I'm in!
CrazyHairGurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 5:04pm
I've used the shampoo conditioner and the moisturizer. I liked the shampoo and conditioner, but I stopped using it because it had really bad ingredients and also it is too expensive. A good moisturizer that I suggest is either elasta qp mango butter or BB Maximum Strength Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion with Castor Oil and Aloe, but i think you mentioned you had a bad experience with castor oil. The BB lotion is good, it really softens, it smells decent (at least to me it does ), it's cheap, and most importantly it doesn't contain Petrolatum or mineral oil, and it protects your hair from heat. The only downside for me is that if I curl my hair at the end the style won't really hold, because the lotion softens my hair too much.
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by TwinkletOes23 TwinkletOes23 wrote:

I had no luck with the line it dried my hair out BADDDD

I tried the oil moisturizer when it first came out.  It was heavy, greasy ,and it broke my skin out so badley. 

Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic