Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You can get hair and beauty advice here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherry25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You can get hair and beauty advice here
    Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:10pm

Edited by Sherry25
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:03pm

Ummmm as a professional stylist I'm not impressed with the advice they give this women with color problems. This person's dilema is Fundamental #1 when coloring hair and they fail to mention it.

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?s=2d52ae6b02e857 96dfb2068f9cb7421e&t=21279

It's advice like this from people who don't know anything about haircoloring that causes women to have haircoloring catastrophies.

Fundamental #1 - NEVER! NEVER EVER! Put Artificial haircolor over previously colored hair as the lighter color will not lift or lighten the artificial pigment deposited into the hair strands from the previous haircoloring. What you'll end up with is two tone results like that women in the thread above.

Then it's off to the professional stylists like myself who charge $150+ to fix the problem or if they keep doing it at home they typically fry their hair and end up with a much shorter haircut than they ever wanted.

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:30pm
Claude.....thank you for being here and taking time to offer your advice.
Sherry25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 1:50am

I think she gives great advice...and she didn't tell that girl to put any color in her hair. She told the girl to use a color remover to remove the color then apply a hair color. She tells people to go to the salon if their hair needs to be fix, but keep in mind that it's the hairstylists that messed up these peoples' hair. Some people can't afford to go to the salon so she gives them information on what they can do to fix the problem and still tells them to go to the salon, even though it was the hairsylists who ruin their hair. She's a cosmetologist and she's really good when it comes to giving beauty, skin care, fashion, hair and other advice.

Sorry for mentioning another board on this site. I was only trying to help since I see a lot of people waiting for help here. I've removed the post from this thread, please remove the other link.  

Edited by Sherry25
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 12:34pm
In my experience that vast majority of people get responded to on this site - and very well too...but obviously we are not all professionals, and so can't answer everything.

The link is no different to this site except this one offers a huge variety of opinions rather tha just one and has specific boards to help people find the answer they're looking for.

This site helped fix my hair...but with such poor resources in the UK it's still hard work!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic