Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY HAIR TURNED PURPLE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andrea26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY HAIR TURNED PURPLE
    Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:27pm
I have blonde hair and to me it was looking YELLOW so I asked the lady at Sallys and she recommended the shimmer lights purple shampoo. I bought the generic kind  in the black and white bottle. I used it this morning and it toned it down but I also have purple spots  and the ends are kind of grey and purple. How do I get rid of the purple?? Help!!
Andrea :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:51pm
wash it a few times. The purple shampoo is only a temporary pigment that will wash away. A good clarifying shampoo might be a good choice!
andrea26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:57pm

What would you suggest as a good clarifying shampoo??

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 6:13pm
I generally dont use clarifying shampoos, but I know that Biosilk makes one, also Nexxus, Rusk, ION, Got2b or alot of other salon brands. And a few drugstore/Walmart brands like Pantene, Sauve, Tresemme all make a clarifying shampoo. Good old Prell, or dawn dishsoap will strip about ANYTHING out of hair! ( Condition really well afterwards!)
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 9:19pm

it it on your won hair or extension hair?

most likely it will wash out in a couple of washes- try using dishwashing detergent it should move it off- only do on the area u want it to wash the purple off- u prob just left it on a few seconds to long. it happens to the best of us.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
moffpoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moffpoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:36am
Paul Mitchell Cleansing Shamphoo 3 is Love! removed almost all of my green hair colour after a week, or enough to dye a gorgoues ashblonde colour:D
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 12:48pm
a clarifying shampoo that will strip out everything is suave. it's like 90 cents
for 16 ounces.
andrea26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 1:26pm
I ended up using the Pantene clarifying shampoo and it worked really well. I looked for Prell and could not find it. Also, what would you suggest to tone down the yellow in the future???
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 10:35am
This has happened to me a few times, too. In the future, I would recommend seriously diluting the Shimmer Lights before you put it on your head with another shampoo (it's highly pigmented stuff, so if you add 1 part SL to 3 parts clear shampoo, you'll still have a pretty purple mixture). Then, don't leave it on too long, and only use it once a week (at most).

xoxox
andrea26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 10:05am

Jenny, Thanks so much I will try that next time! Again thanks for the help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic