Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair volume without product?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair volume without product?
    Posted: March 08 2006 at 3:37am

Hi,

Does anyone know of an easy and effective way to get body in the hair without hair products.

First I know beer before a rinse helps,..so does brushing hair upside down, but what else?. Thanks,;)

God Bless,...
Katie
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:58pm
I have fine hair, but alot of it. With the wrong products or too much build-up, it goes flat and yucky. I usually wash with baby shampoo, if I have buildup (hair gets kind of "poseable feeling") I do an apple cider vinegar rinse, and them I use conditioner on everything but the roots. I use the conditioner sparingly, but I do have to use it, or my hair gets frizzy. Then I blow-dry with a roundbrush. This makes my hair soft and fluffy. Using stylign creams just weighs it down and it ends up greasy or stiff looking. I have a layered bob, and the blow-drying doesn't seem to damage my hair. I have to blow it dry or it ends up flat and frizzy on the ends. I've been doing it like this for years.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 1:26pm

Thanks alot, Hannebash!

My hair is a medium thickness. Or as my Twin (cosmotologist) sister Barb would say, we have medium fine hair.

I like your suggestions!

The apple cider vinegar rinse should help;)

I have almost shoulder length hair. I have'nt blown dry my hair in years. I simply pat towel dry, and air dry.

Later I spray a light leave in conditioner. Sometimes I'll use a barrete to put some of my hair up until later, then I'll brush my hair upside down, to add volume. I rarely use hair product, as I don't want buildup.

Oh and I also use Baby shampoo too!;)

Thanks again,

Love, Katie

God Bless,...
Katie
UFOKommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UFOKommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:46pm
When I need body without products I blowdry my hair upside down for about 2 minutes, then I stand back up and hold sections of the hair off my scalp, and blow the roots up while loosely scrunching the rest of my hair.  This gives me volume at the roots and waves in the rest.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 3:24am

Hi and Thanks UFO!

I usually don't blow dry, but I'll consider it.

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 6:15am

Hello!

Well, I have resigned my thoughts to the fact that I have limp lifeless hair(sometimes). Mainly due to low humidity, I need to be patient for humid days. I do like using gel on damp hair.

I have a question,..

Does anyone know if those new "Dove" hair care styling line really add body to hair? Like for example the mouse?

Because if So, I'm buying it!!!

Or does anyone know of an Aveda, or Paul Mitchel styling product which adds volume?

Thanks in advance!

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 1:31pm

Katie ,

Have your hair cut with texture scissors about one inch from the sclap to give lift. This will work for fine and med. hair. I do this alot on short hair thats needed to give lift on top. Just dont do to much that it's to thin. You want to leave some bulk around the crown and bangs.

Mike

natasha0512 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha0512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 2:17pm
i have lots of fine hair too...and i don't like to use a lot of product because it does weighdown the hair.  my favorite thing is to use a boar bristle round brush when blow drying.  it takes time to learn how to do it right...but try and try and try again because it's very helpful.  i also use, occassionally, a root lifter, misted on before drying...and if it starts to fall a quick blast from a dryer helps ooph it back up
hope that helps!
natasha
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:40am

Thank You everyone!

You all helped.

Happy Easter,...God Bless You all,

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 5:36am

I discovered the less shampoo I use the better. Plus I use leavein spray conditioner as needed. I do occasionally put gel in my hair, at the roots, and scrunch dry. I never use blow dryers.

I have virgin hair.

Thanks

God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic