Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

powder or foundation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vilya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: powder or foundation?
    Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:49am

I am 16 and I asked a few people this question but I got different answers:Since my skin is young,should I use foundations or powders?I don't know which one is worse for the skin..

SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 10:29am
I started with just using a powder to look natural at your age, You could try some liquid to powder foundations
xxsatiation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsatiation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:04pm
the best foundation i have seen.. and have used myself. is MAC STUDIO FIX. It is worth the money. It is 24.50 .. although if you are IVORY complexion MAC STUDIO FIX is still a little too dark for a ghost white complexion, *no offense* i myself have very pale skin and have found it hard to find a foundation which will fit to my skin color. If you are not interested in paying this much.. I would suggest Revlon Colorstay, it's amazing and it is only about 10 bucks.
LOL
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 2:48pm
Well it all depends on what kind of complexion you have. If you have nice skin without obvious imperfections, you shouldn't really need a foundation. Powder would be just fine, just to give you a nice glow and even tone. Howeve if you have imperfections you want to cover, then you foundation for sure.

If you want a nice combination of both, then try bare minerals. Their foundation is a power, and goes on nice and clean. It really makes your skin look smooth and pretty, and best of all, it looks super natural. If you have an Ulta store around your area, they have a great starter kit, which brings tow foundations, a mineral veil, and a glow powder, for $45. They have a makeup consultant there that will help you find the right shade for you. Considering the foundation has lasted me almost a year, I say is worth it.

Much love, Shary

Edited by Sharyg11 - September 03 2006 at 5:19pm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 11:20am
i wouldnt use anything, this age is prone to breakouts i know the other girls in school are wearing it but save your skin let it breath its young, but if you really want something i say no powder or foundation if u have clear skin just a little gloss and eyeshadow maybe a tad blush and ur good. if you must use something id say a powder something real natural and soft like a product from  http://www.physiciansformula.com/ its sensitive for someone your age. good luck:)
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 5:25pm
Oh! now that babycheeks mentioned it, bare minerals also doesn't cause break outs. You can even fall asleep with the stuff and it won't come off on your sheets or clog your pores because is all natural(I know cause it's happened to me lol, and my skin actually looked better the next morning). Although I agree with babycheeks about the fact that you are so young, you shouldn't need any makeup. Unless as I said before you have some imperfections you want to cover up. Or if you already made up your mind and you are wearing it no matter what, then that would be a good choice for you. Good luck
Much love, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 9:38am
alright Sharyg11, after glow was okay but i dont think i got the right shade so im going today to get the bare minerals, whats the best way to apply it and i really am lost on the shade? Any ideas based on my pic i know hard to see they make them so small on here.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 11:22am
nvm Sharyg11 my mother just got in a product called everyday minerals http://www.everydayminerals.com/ she use to use the bare minerals but needed something more reasonable priced, anyways i got a sample kit of it too and she helped me with the shades, the good thing is there sample kit is great it only cost me 9 dollars and i got three foundations to try a blush a brush and a finishing power. So i think 9 bucks it wont hurt to try it, and then after that a kit is only 16 to 36 dollars which i think beats the bare minerals price by a long shot, anyways moms face is looking great so i think ill go for it. ill update u:)
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 12:37pm
Oh how exiting! please do update me. If it is good, I will deft. be switching. Thanks for the infor girl! you're the best.

Much love, Shary
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 12:47am
 It really matters MORE what type of skin you have and what to use based on that,rather then what's the best in general.
Powders are great for normal skin. But someone with oily skin they will come right off.
If your skin is dry,powder  may seem too cakey. Then a moisterizing or WATER based liquid would be best. I think Maybelline has a new one H20 something that's like 99% water based and very light,and wont clog pores.If you're young you probably dont need anything heavier then that.Unless you have some acne you'd like to cover.
Everyone's skin is different.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 8:40am
id have to disagree with your first sentence, (than whats in general) because i had an experience of wearing makeup to young and ended up gettinga seroius acne problem from it back then, if i would of listen to the derma and just used a light powder i would of been fine. So i do feel it matters whats best in general not just her skin, she could make a bacteria ground for acne like i did from lack of knowdledge on makeup application, even if she has acne now id still only use something light really hideing them now at 16 isnt going to help for the future id say work on the root of the problem get rid of them then worry about makeup, stick to the advice and go with something light for your face.
Babycheeks
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 12:47pm
 Actually the maybellne make up I said is a good light one to use. It's made up of mostly water and is non-comedgenic,and non-acnegenic. (meaning it wont clog pores) Pretty much if you have acne you should just avoid any make up that is OIL based.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic