Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ann Curry - The Haircut (revisited)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:01pm
Myth or not did themselves (FOX) did say that in the press.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Myth or not did themselves (FOX) did say that in
the press.

Again, not true. "Felicity" was not on Fox, but the WB. And The WB never
said ratings dropped due to Keri Russell's haircut. The haircut was
publicly unpopular with fans and the execs at the WB responded by
saying that women on their shows wouldn't be allowed to cut their hair.
That turned out not to be the case when Charisma Carpenter cut off her
long hair about a year later.

The "Felicity" ratings did drop during the second season when the haircut
occurred. They had dropped before the haircut and didn't rise
subsequently. Being in the ad business, it's my job to study TV ratings. It
was a natural sophomore dip for a show that didn't grab hold of the
audience heavily in the first season. No one attributed the drop to the
haircut. The show wasn't cancelled after the cut either. It ran for three
more seasons.

They may have lost some viewers due to the cut, but they were probably
people such as yourself who were only watching because there was a
pretty girl with long hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:45am

Well, thanks much, Mike!   One never knows, but Sue has no plans to cut dramatically, even in the distant future.

I think that the new photo of Ann looks attractive, though the comparison pales. I have not seen the show since March 1, and never will again. Now, after learning how brutally and cruelly the volunteers were treated that day, I have even more disdain for the crew at NBC, if that's possible. Blessings, Bob

P.S. Rod, would any guy have a reason to tune into "Felicity" other than to see Keri's spectacular hair? I doubt it!

Edited by Bob S
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 11:08am
P.S. Rod, would any guy have a reason to tune into "Felicity" other than to see Keri's spectacular hair? I doubt it!

Well being male I can but I'm a hair lover first everything else second. The voice that is also important you don't want to date someone that gets dogs to bark becuase their voice is so high pitch. Think about it you could have the most KO girl in the world but if the voice isn't just right well for me that is really important. I know way to much informantion. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Now, after learning how brutally and cruelly the volunteers were treated that day, I have even more disdain for the crew at NBC, if that's possible.

At the risk of going hair politicky here (and let's assume "politicky" is a word), where have you read the volunteers were treated "brutally and cruelly" and how so?

(Dave D, feel free to kick delete this and redirect me to the HP board if this gets out of control)

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

P.S. Rod, would any guy have a reason to tune into "Felicity" other than to
see Keri's spectacular hair? I doubt it!

The show was targeted at guys. It was targeted at women. So, I'm sure they
didn't care if you watched. The show was usually well-written, so anyone
who appreciated well written TV should have tuned in. Finally, Keri was hot
in short hair. That would be reason enough to tune in.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:50pm

I know this viewer stopped watching after the cut. Judge for yourself.

Before:

http://www.felicitypage.com/imgs/felicity_black%20dress.jpg

After:

http://www.felicitypage.com/imgs/felicity123.jpg

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:07pm
Don't make any difference to me, already been cut from her ass. the 1st pic is good but liked her short cut. Other words really long or really short in-between not so hot.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 11:42am

You are right, 94 Harley, it had become MUCH shorter before the big chop. But I still think there is a huge aesthetic difference, with the former being preferable, of course. I *never* thought the short cut looked terrible on her, just inferior.

Flea, search the Guestbook at tlhs.org, and the lovely member Uwe has posted a thread from a very disillusioned donor. The entire NBC crew, including anchors, must have obliterated consciences. Best, Bob  

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 11:48am
Keri has really sweet features and the general rule tends to be that people with this kind of face can easily carry off either very long or very short hair--though personally, I like it better long (which I think it is at the moment).
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 6:52pm
[QUOTE=Bob S]

Flea, search the Guestbook at tlhs.org, and the lovely member Uwe has
posted a thread from a very disillusioned donor. The entire NBC crew,
including anchors, must have obliterated consciences. Best, Bob  

[/
QUOTE]
Bob, I'm tired of your tone. I try my best to ignore certain things because
this is the Net. But you clearly have disdain for the people who post on
this board and most other human beings. Your words like "obliterated
consciences" are offensive and slanderous. When you write the things you
do, all you do is make other people mad and destroy discussion. You're
confrontational when no one is confronting you. You pick fights all the
time.

You love long hair. We get it. There are plenty of other people on this
board who love long hair and only long hair. That's fine. They are
respectful and polite. You are not. The purpose of this board is discuss
opinions of Celebrity Hair. You seem to think the purpose is to shout
down anybody who thinks a Celebrity cutting an inch off is okay. With
every post you make you probably think that if you get one person mad,
you've accomplished something. Well, congratulations. You have.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 3:21pm

Rod, have you read the thread which I cited? Do you believe that the donors were treated humanely? I do not. It was bitter cold on March 1. After reading the article, I think most folks would be in agreement with me. NBC solicited these folks, and treated them as window dressing, at best. They cared not a whit about them.

It seems to me that YOU are the one with the disagreeable tone. God forbid if someone were to demur from you on a substantive topic. BTW, all these teen angst shows are watched primarily by girls. Of course they *want* everyone to watch. Blessings, Bob

Pssst--- I prefer Lea Thompson and Charlize Theron with short hair!  Bob

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 5:47pm

The article you cited was very interesting. First-person reporting gets way more credance than anyone's opinion here.

And, Rod, you do seem like you have a chip on your shoulder some day. I know you claim to be an industry insider, so we should never disagree with you, but whether or not you're tired of Bob's tone, you aren't the boss of him and can't tell him or anyone else how to feel.

Bob, not that you need me to help fight your battles, but you're wrong about Lea and Charlize. And I'm not just being disagreeable! hehehe

Odd that you would group those two. Has anyone seen Lea since 2004?

2003:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/ movie_pix/walt_disney/pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of _the_black_pearl/lea_thompson/piratespre.jpg

Lea Thompson at the LA premiere of Walt Disney's Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

2004:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800015459/photo/5 19561

Lea Thompson at the world premiere of Warner Brothers' The Whole Ten Yards

I just watched Charlize in "North Country." Her mullet-shaped wig did not keep her from being nominated for an Academy Award.

http://www.participate.net/files/theron-endorsement.jpg

Bevv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 12:19am

Those Felecity pictures are like night and day. She has such beautiful hair, I dont know why she ever decided to chop it all off. I think she would have beeb better suited with something a little less drastic.

Bevv

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Bevv Bevv wrote:

Those Felecity pictures are like night and day. She has such beautiful hair, I dont know why she ever decided to chop it all off. I think she would have beeb better suited with something a little less drastic.

Bevv

I understand she's in Mission Impossible 3, due in theaters in early May.

Curious how this thread evolved from Ann Curry to Keri Russell (with a momentary detour around Alanis).

JF, not to worry, this thread started down the "politicky" path before your post.

Bob, in the future, please provide direct links, instead of vague instructions to go to a message board on a different site and hunt for the link within some unspecified post.  And, I think Rod has a valid point regarding your "obliterated consciences" remark, which is much more appropriately discussed in the Hair Politics forum.

Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Finally, Keri was hot
in short hair. That would be reason enough to tune in.

she was not! And after reading what she told to a reporter in NY some month ago (about finally being free to do what she wants with her hair, and not what a director tells her to), I realised she didn't like it either.
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 9:08am
Actually interviews Keri gave when she cut it were full of praise for short
hair. She said she felt "liberated" and "more feminine." She loved it. Just
because she loved have short hair doesn't mean she's going to do it again
right now. She can love having long hair too and want it for personal and
professional reasons.
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Actually interviews Keri gave when she cut it were full of praise for short
hair. She said she felt "liberated" and "more feminine." She loved it. Just
because she loved have short hair doesn't mean she's going to do it again
right now. She can love having long hair too and want it for personal and
professional reasons.

Those interwiews u're referin to were given while she was playin in 'Felicity'. The one I am referin to was AFTER, when she could say what she REALLY thinks and not what she was ordered to say . The difference is EXTREMELLY CONCLUSIVE.   
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 9:33am
She's very small. The short hair makes her seem even smaller somehow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic