Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will ASH Turn Pale Yellow Hair Grey?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will ASH Turn Pale Yellow Hair Grey?
    Posted: March 22 2006 at 9:18pm
I have pale yellow hair (nearly white in some areas) and I would like to put an extra light ash blonde demi-permanent color over it.  My hair is very pourous and I have no experience with toners, so that's why I chose a demi over other options.  It's my understanding that I need a color with a violet base to neutralize the yellow, but I have a few questions...
1)  I was considering using Wella color charm or Clairol complements, but do you think one is better than the other?
2) Will my hair just look grey with a level 10 ash color?
3) Color charts tend to look more natural than the hair samples at the beauty supply store, but which is more accurate?  They told me the hair sample is the pure color applied to white hair, but I'm just hoping my hair won't look that ashy and grey.
Thanks for any help! 
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 10:07pm

I just used Clairol Complements Demi in 10A and it was not very 'ash' per say. What I mean by that is, I didn't get a grey or green result at all. It took the right amount of warmth out of my hair. I loved it!

JUST STRAND TEST FIRST!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic