Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help - buildup/residue removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair-so-fine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair-so-fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help - buildup/residue removal
    Posted: April 01 2006 at 2:36pm

I need some advice. Lately, my hair has had some buildup which I have not been able to get rid of with drugstore clarifying shampoos. The problem is especially prevalent around the back-top half of my head, and that particular area takes a long time to dry after washing it (I do blow dry it, but w/ no results). When it does dry, it feels strange: kind of stiff and clumped together. I have fine, oily hair (some of it is dry, though). Could this problem be related to the oiliness, or is it residue?

Can anyone recommend a good residue-removing shampoo for oily/fine hair? (NOTE: I have already tried Herbal Essences and Pantene clarifying shampoos) I would appreciate any and all advice regarding this topic.

Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 2:41am
I have fine hair as well & as I sleep on my back the crown area is always more greasy.

The gentlest build up remover shampoo I have ever used is "Mastey's Le Remouver Hair Purifier" & for dyness I adore FreHair conditioner mixed with Moisturee.

Have a peek at the site   http://www.mastey.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 11:26am
Apple cider vinegar rinses work well for me. Just shampoo, rinse, then take a cup of cider vinegar diluted with water (I usually do half and half).  I pour this over my head, and rub my scalp a bit, then rinse it all out. I follow up with a light conditioner, rinse well, and my hair is gunk-free.
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 12:57am
I got a recommendation to use malibu 2000 gel treatment.  It will remove anything and told it would also help the dryness of my hair.  It is very cheap and suppose to be the best of getting anything and everything off your hair
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 12:31pm
I would try a more diluted version of the apple cider vinegar rinse, since you have fine hair. Try 1 part vinegar per 20 parts water. Any more vinegar might be too harsh for your fine hair.
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 4:22pm
vinegar only gets rid of build up from that one shampoo and corrects the ph level
skatrmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skatrmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:30pm
ok, well my problem is my hair is fine and I go swimming alot in the summer. I swim in a chlorinated pool , my natural hair color is med brown but in the summer the top layer of my hair bleaches out from the sun and the pool, what should I do? I hate it really, underneath all this blonde is med brown so its two-toned, someone said I should at least use a clarifying shampoo once a week? any other suggestions? i would really like to color it my nat color but will the pool just wash it out again?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic