Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question about the BHM board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about the BHM board
    Posted: April 09 2006 at 8:44pm

This may sound like a bad question, but are caucasian women 'allowed' to post on the BHM board?  I know several ladies from that board post here, and that's great by me, but I don't know if it would be considered inappropriate to post over there when you are not African-American.

I read that board daily and always wanted to post there, but didn't think it would be right. 

Aphrodite has started posting there, and since I did her hair, I can tell you she is not African-American.

What do you guys think?

neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neosoulsenhora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 12:47am
I am member of BHM, I am brown & hispanic. The site I think personally is called Black Hair Media is because different ethnicities have different hair textures, this way they can relate to one another & compare what they've learned & tried on their hair texture. Metagirl your trying to help people & learn about other people's hair experiences & there is nothing wrong with that. Sign up, post, talk to you soon on the other side. 

leyda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leyda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 1:16am

I 'm hispanic too (My family is from  Spain) and I post there And my hair is not African-American

My hair is like Italian waved

also I'm not dark I m an white  hispanick  YES! We come in all colors and flavors

Se tu mismo
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 4:32am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

This may sound like a bad question, but are caucasian women 'allowed' to post on the BHM board?  

We'd welcome u. Come on over..
K-B
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 8:26am
Metal, I think that they would welcome you with open arms no matter what hair type you were!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:32am

Thanks guys for the responses!   I just didn't want to step on anyone's toes!

AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:43am

LOL.. of course you can post over there.  Weave knows no color. 

You have tons to share.  Race is not an issue when it comes to cute weaves.   

neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neosoulsenhora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by AfroPuffs AfroPuffs wrote:

LOL.. of course you can post over there.  Weave knows no color. 

Afropuffs you are trip, but your tellin the truth

Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 4:44pm
If you don't hurry up and post over there!!!!! It doesn't matter as long you have the same love for weave as the rest us it doesn't matter
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 11:42am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

This may sound like a bad question, but are caucasian women 'allowed' to post on the BHM board?  I know several ladies from that board post here, and that's great by me, but I don't know if it would be considered inappropriate to post over there when you are not African-American.

I read that board daily and always wanted to post there, but didn't think it would be right. 

Aphrodite has started posting there, and since I did her hair, I can tell you she is not African-American.

What do you guys think?

I say.. NO CAUCASIANS ALLOWED!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Girl get the heck out!!! Of course we'd welcome you on BHM.. Aphrodite has gotten right in with the flow, and I think AMM posts there too.. We don't care about color or race.. It's all about the hair girl.. All about the hair.. Like AfroPuffs said -- "Weave knows no color"

Edited by Divavocals
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic