Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to Food For Hair / Please read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to Food For Hair / Please read
    Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:41pm

Welcome to the Food For Hair forum. Healthy hair starts from the inside, and the first step to healthy hair is good wholesome food.

Here are some possibilities for helping this subforum grow and prosper:

1. Share a family recipe. If you can provide measurements in both standard and metric, that would be ultra cool but not required. The Online Conversion website can take you from one to the other, if necessary.

http://onlineconversion.com/cooking_volume.htm

2. Start a discussion on your favorite classification of food. Mexican food? Vegan? Italian? Greek? Whatever suits your palate, there is bound to be a large number of other members who like the same shtuff.

3. Putting together a recipe but don't know what it's missing? Maybe other people can pitch in and brainstorm with you.

4. Ever open up your fridge and find a variety of ingredients, but don't know how they can fit together in a dish? Post 'em. Together we might be able to problem solve.

5. Most of all, share the foods that you think help the condition of your hair. They say that the natural state of a person's hair is a great indicator of their overall health and nutritional intake, as well as how their body processes vitamins and minerals. Nevertheless, there are many foods people swear will help increase strength and lustre.

my LJ, 40 inches long
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 1:21pm

Hi Anais,

Thanks for the great new topic.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:38pm
Hi Anais and Karen,

I agree, this topic is very relevant to those seeking healthy hair.  Good to see you as a mod, Anais!
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 4:09pm

I'm looking forward to participating and learning from all of you!

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 4:19pm
I love this too. Can't wait to hear suggestions. As for me, I love mexican food and I learned beans and avocados are good for a healthy diet and improved hair growth. I cut back on the dairy(cheese, sour cream) But enjoy chicken burritos for protein!
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 4:22pm
P.S. today I cheated with chocalate chip cookies and coffee ice cream ( my favorite!) But I hear that vanilla ice cream is a good source of vitamins necessary for hair growth. Anyone else hear this ?
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
Stevie107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 2:15pm
what to use in a diet that will make the hair grow long and strong and shiney
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic