Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baby baldness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
panther1271 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panther1271 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby baldness
    Posted: April 14 2006 at 11:04am

My three month old has a bald section on the back of her head..Does anyone know is this permanent or will the hair grow ever???

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:06pm
at 3mths that can be normal give the baby way more time it can take babies up to one year to really reach some hair growth.
Babycheeks
chocomom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocomom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:31am
her hair will grow in a lot of babies have that bald spot on back or sides of head its from them laying on it
ithank you for my blessing of MY CHILD!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 5:51pm
It will definitly grow. My nephew had his until he was like 5 months old. But it gradually went away, and turned into a beautifull full head of hair. My sister says she realized it was from keeping him in the car seat all the time. The back of his head rested on the car seat all the time. As soon as she started keeping him out of the car seat, making him sleep on his stomach, and stuff like that, the hair started to grow. Specially one he learned how to crawl. Then it grew really fast, since his head was rarely laying againts something, unless of course he was sleeping.
sarannan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2009 at 10:49pm

Babies often lose their hair during the first six months of life. This is because hair growth has two stages -- a growing stage and a resting phase -- after which it falls out. In newborns, all of the hair follicles enter the resting period at the same time. (The same process often affects the mother after delivery of the baby.) This gradual baldness is thought to be due to changing hormone levels. Before birth, the fetus has a high level of sex hormones, courtesy of his mother. After birth, these levels decline and the baby's hair falls out.

Your baby may also have bald patches on his scalp from sleeping in the same position, rubbing his head against the mattress, or as a result of banging his head against the cot. As he starts to move around more and when he stops his head-banging behaviour, this type of hair loss corrects itself.

floating tanks
Scooter

gel mattress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gel mattress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 11:14pm
I heard that using a gel mattress would help the issue of babies losing their hair. The problem is that it is tough to find gel mattresses for cribs since gel beds are normally used as an orthopedic mattress. They generally are made for full, queen and king mattresses.

Has anyone else heard about this?
clairesbabybou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairesbabybou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 3:05am
Looking to gift Baby clothes to someone else or for your own kids? you will find it at Claire’s Baby Boutique. They serve their customers as #1 priority and you should expect nothing but the best when shopping at Claire’s Baby Boutique. So, browse their store and find the perfect boutique item for the babies and kids.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 10:05am
Seriously?  Are you advertising for Claire's Boutique? 

Just need to let you know I'm going to report this as blatant advertising/spam. 

It is so disrespectful to come to a forum and use it to post your own advertisements.  Not only are you ripping off the website which sells ads to help it stay in operation but you are ruining the boards for anyone who wants to sincerely talk about hair or related topics.

I know that the people who run these boards try very hard to remove ads but people need to learn to respect the rules of posting which includes no advertising.
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic