Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hump ponytail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
modelqt02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelqt02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hump ponytail
    Posted: April 15 2006 at 4:11pm
Im going out tonite and i always wear my hair down. i really want to know how to put my hair up in a pony tail with that little hump on the top. can anyone show me a site that shows how to do it or can someone tell me how. Thanks asap answers really appreciated!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 3:16am
Do you mean like a quiff?  Like the kind of style that Rachel Bilson wears quite often?  If so, just do your hair in the usual ponytail that you like, but section a small bit of hair off at the front (it helps if your hair is graduated or layered so that there is a section of hair near your hairline that is shorter than ponytail length).  Then twist this and shape it as you like and secure with kirbygrips (and hairspray, if necessary).  Hope this makes sense - good luck and have a great night!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
maui_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maui_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 3:55am
Sorry if this is to late but this is how I do it, every one prolly has a way to do it so maybe this will help you . . .

1. Start with ur hair down; and part a section out about 1.5-2 inches wide by 1 inch. in the front center of ur head. I guess this size would depend on ur head and the results u want.

2. Put the part'd hair in a rubber band or bobby pin. Just to keep it out of the way. 

3. Put the rest of your hair in a pony as you would normally. If you have shorter hair or fly aways, you may want to use hair spray.  This will help your poof look neat.

4. Take ur hair that u section'd out, of however you were holding it up.

5. Now flip ur head over, like you are looking between ur legs. Brush the parted hair down.  Spray hair spray on the hair, careful not to catch ur pony.  I dont recommend to much but just enough to get a good hold. Let the hair spray dry a little.

6. Now stand up and comb the hair up, if need be you could add more hair spray now. Grab close to the ends of the hair but not at the ends.

7. Twist the hair 2 or 3 times, bring the hair down to your scalp and push it closer to your forehead until you get the POOF you want.

8. Secure it with a clip, or I find 2 bobby pins placed like an X works very well! 

9. If the hair that you cliped has ends long enough you can now take ur pony rubber band out. Holding ur pony in one hand gather the ends in to the pony with the other.

10. Put the rubber band back on like a normal pony and ur set!

*Be careful not to pull the ends when re-do'n the pony or u'll un-poof the poof! *

Whewww so much for such an easy hair style, it's cute tho so ROCK it!Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic