Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I can help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
JackiesBaby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackiesBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 8:11am
MY PROM IS COMMIN UP AND I NEED HELP W/ ACCESSORIES, HAIRSTYLES, AND MAKEUP
My dress is a morilee its very poofy its a ballgown and its strapless and white w/ silver sequins scattered out...help please!
Jackiesbaby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackiesbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 8:12am
oh yeah i forgot my hair is a lil past my shoulders and its dirty blond and my eyes change colors im bout 5 foot
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 6:47pm
Hi all,

Basic Easy Starting Point For ANY Updo - Ponytails

One thing to remember is that the absolute basic updo move is a ponytail. The reasons that updos look so different is that ponytails can be up high on the head at the top of the crown, at the middle of the head between the top and bottom of the head or at the bottom. There also can be multiple ponytails.

Dressy Style #1 - Basic/Easy Updo W/ Curls

The easiest of all updos is to put your hair in one of the basic ponytails and then wrap one strand of your own hair around the elastic holding the ponytail in place so that the pony is covered with hair.

Then you have many many options. You can divide the ponytail hair into multiple 1/2" strands and curl each strand with a curling iron or hot rollers. Let the rollers cool and then carefully remove the curls and pin into place. Viola, you have a curly updo. Make the curls bigger or smaller depending on the size of the hot rollers or the barrel of the curling iron. Remember 1/2" barrel equals small curls and a 1" or larger barrel will make large or "barrel" curls.

Dressy Style #2 - Basic/Easy Up/Down Do

Another easy dressy hair style is to make a 1/2 up and 1/2 down do. This is very simple. Take the hair from either side of your head by your ears and brush up to the scalp into a "skinny" ponytail. Tie off the ponytail with a clear Blax or one that matches your hair color. Take a curling iron or hot rollers and curl the ends to have "bouncy curls. Wear the rest of your hair down and curl the ends. You will have a soft curled up/down do.

Dressy Style #3 - Ballerina Bun

Again....start with a tight ponytail at the top of your crown. Tie off the ponytail with a Blax that is clear or the color or your hair. Or use a "hair friendly" elastic. Please nooooo rubber bands.

Once you have a firm ponytail then take the tail of the ponytail and wrap it tightly around the elastic band to form a tight bun. Pin the tail to your scalp and then add anchor pins around the perimeter of the bun to hold in place. Decorate with hair accessories that sparkle.

Dressy Style #4 - Nape Bun

This style was very popular at the recent Academy Awards. Brush hair back into a very low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Twist the ponytail into a flat bun. Pin and viola...you have a nape bun.

For additional ideas please look at the Prom styling pages here at HairBoutique.com at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promstyles.htm

New styles are being added constantly.

Hope that gets you all started on your updo quests.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sarah James View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:43pm
Where do you find those Blax things? Why can't I wear a rubber band w/ a ponytail? I have forever.
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Sarah James Sarah James wrote:

Where do you find those Blax things? Why can't I wear a rubber band w/ a ponytail? I have forever.

Rubber bands are v. damaging to your hair. When you take one out and look at it, you will probably see lots of hairs caught in it. As a more hair friendly alternative, try buying regular hair ties instead. Ones w/out a metal bit are best, but anything's better than a rubber band IMHO!;)

If you like wearing rubber bands, you'll probably love Blax. They look vaguely similiar I guess, but they're sooo much kinder to your hair! Blax are hair elastics in several colours (including clear) and you can buy them online here at the HairBoutique (http://mp.hairboutique.com/list.asp?Action=search&MnfID=105) for about $3.50 or in your local drugstore/hair accessories shop.

I don't know where you're from, but here in the UK we have a store called Claire's Accessories which do a similar product to Blax but it's cheaper.

Hope that helps:)

~ Cait x
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 8:10pm
Hi Cait,

Thanks for listing the info on Blax. I had never heard of them until a few years ago and now I can't live w/out them. The thing I love is that they are so easy to use, feel like rubberbands, but don't harm the hair like rubberbands and I don't feel bad about cutting them off if I am playing with updos.
:-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
lilprincesbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilprincesbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 7:09pm
Hi i am 16 years old and I was invited to the prom by my boyfriend. I have my dress and everything i need but now i am completly clueless on what to do with my hair. I know i want to have atleast some hair down if not all but nothing with all my hair off my sholders and that i want to have it curly. my hair is curly it is strawberry blond with natural highlights and i have eyebrow length bangs. Please help me in any way you can I would like ideas. i am completly clueless. I appreciate any ideas you can give me

Thank you
Nikki
KaraXXstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaraXXstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:34pm
Hey my name is Kara. My prom is in 2 days and I have no hairstyle!! Yeah I know I am very disorganized. I want an updo and I have looked all over this site and haven't found anything that I like. My dress is white and strapless. If you have any suggestions could you please send me some pictures or instructions at cute_thang1012@hotmail.com thanks alot
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:39pm
Did you look here?

All the updos and prom styles are kept at this location. There are currently several new styles. There is also the galleries that you can look through.

If you still can't find anything from the hundreds of photos you might want to look through some fashion or hair mags to get ideas.

Star
Liria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 5:19am
My hair is about shoulder length and I am completely clueless about what I should do with my hair for prom (in about month away). I tried to do french twist myself but I think it's too short to do that.
My dress is purple with straps. Any suggestions? Can you send me some photos of hairstyles to liria85@yahoo.co.kr? Curl, updo... whatever that looks good. Thank you so much!
Firefly Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefly Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:37am
Hi,

Check out:

There are tons of photos and images to look at.

FG
iluvkittykats View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvkittykats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:32am
hi i need a new hair-do for my friend's party but i wanna use the same one for my grad i have dark brown (i guess black) hair a bout 6 inches below my shoulder its really striaght and kinda fly-away k? thanks!
destiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 12:28pm
hello all! im a freshman at my school, and our homecoming is coming up in a short couple of weeks. i really really really need an idea of what to do for my style... i have medium brown (as if the color really matters) hair which is layered, and i would like an updo. if you have any ideas or suggestions, PLEASE email me at: destineyj@hotmail.com, and make the subject "homecoming updos"..
Thanks a bunch!!
~*!*~*!*~*!*~*!*~
FlagsAndTutus View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlagsAndTutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2003 at 1:31pm
Hi Hairdesigner, i was wondering if you could help me. My Christmas dance is next weeked (Dec. 13th) and i am having my hair done at a professional stylist, however i would like to have an idea of how i want it done before i go. My hair is past my shoulders and wavy, i know i would like it to be down or half down, but mostly pulled away from my face and curled... if you have any pictures or ideas, could you please email them to spoildlilprnces5@hotmail.com? thanks a bunch!
Amandamarie1803 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amandamarie1803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 2:23pm
hey im stressing out im getting married in 60 days and i dont know about my hair!!!!!!! its down near the bottom of my bra strap i want it haf up and half down and i havent seen any cute hairstyles please email some pics if anyone can help me
LilMsJMR1@aol.com
rebelchild1141 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelchild1141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 1:00pm
I really need some help for prom. I want to wear my hair in a hslf-updo. But I need some ideas, possibly some pictures, websites, and/or instructions. Anything would help me, cuz I'm clueless. I would appreciate any help possible. Thanks! email-rebelchild1141@yahoo.com
asdf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asdf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2004 at 9:34am
Hi!
I have prom coming up soon and I cannot seem to find a hairstyle on the web that I like a whole lot. I have shoulder length, blonde hair. I will be wearing a long, slinky, spaghetti strapped, backless gown, so I will need either an updo or a partial updo (with most of it up). Maybe an updo that falls onto the nape of my neck. I am really in a bind here b/c I need pics to show my hairdresser what I want, but I cannot find what I am looking for. I love princess-like, feminine, romantic (when I say romantic I do not mean hairstyles from the Pride and Prejudice era... which is what I typically get.), and classic. See what I mean about not describing it well? How much more general could I be!? Ha Ha. I look bad with my hair pulled tightly, and completely away from my face. I love curls..., but I hate that solid, giant curls in your face look. When I say curl, I mean like... Deborah Messing. My hair is already straight, but will take curl. It is colored, so I prefer no perms, body waves, or heavy treatments. I am picturing something medieval, or Celtic. Maybe a delicate updo. Something that says I am Julia Roberts in runaway bride, or faith hill at the music awards. I know this request is difficult, there being so many specific preferences and all, but I hope someone can help me!!!!! Plz. Send pics to this address: pigletsnap@hotmail.com
jaden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 5:59pm
hi, got a client with a long thin face and a big nose, her hair is not quite shoulder lenght, and she has a small bang??? she is after having a llot of different styles but none of them seem to compliment her, I would like to give her a style to flatter her and suit her face shape!!! thanks jaden
annette murphy
kammie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2004 at 11:01pm
Hi I know all these other girls have asked you for help and I love the advice you have given them. So I was wondering if you could help me!! I have prom in less than a month and I really need some help in finding a hair style. I have looked all over the internet and it is pretty much the same styles over and over again! I want something really unique that no one would have. I dont want it to be all picture purfect but I do want it to look nice that every one will adorn over. I have brown hair with auborn high lights it is about a inch or two past my shoulders. I also have layers and bangs that hit my cheek bones. I also want a little bit of hair in my face!! Thank you sooooo much!
Kammie
my e-mail is Kammieqt247@aol.com please will you send me some pics?
kammie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2004 at 11:12pm
oh yea my dress is very beautiful it is fully sequiened and goes from silver to charcoal gray to black, and the back goes down really low!
Thanks
Kammie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic