Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone need help with prom/formal hairstyles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone need help with prom/formal hairstyles?
    Posted: October 26 2002 at 4:53pm
If anyone needs help with prom/formal hairstyles, feel free to ask.
Angie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 3:43pm
Hiya:)
I have long brown thickish hair. My dress is midnight blue with little spaghetti straps. I`m going to be doing a lot of dancing in it, so I guess it`d be better up. Any ideas for something special?
~Angie
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2002 at 3:17pm
Allison Mathews View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Mathews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2002 at 1:25pm
I am just wondering if any of you know an easy way to curl short hair. My hair is mid-neck, but also layered. I have hot rollers that are skinny, and need some advice on how to create the curls I want. Any advice? or other ideas to curl my hair with them?
hairhelpless View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhelpless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2002 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Dynah Dynah wrote:

If anyone needs help with prom/formal hairstyles, feel free to ask.

Hi, i was wondering if you knew any quick and easy hair styles for meduim length blonde-brown hair. I don`t want to cut, i`m trying to grow it out. i actualy need hair styles for everyday along with a winter formal i have coming up thank you!
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 8:26pm
To: Allison Mathews

Try to spray your hair with hairspray and then place the hot rollers. After you take out the hot rollers, use hairspray or gel and scrunch it but don`t do it too much that the curls disappear.
suga_gal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suga_gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2003 at 8:03pm
i do! grads in a couple of months and i need to start looking now
its shoulder lenght, thick and wavy
my dress is strapless
have any suggestions?
thanx
u can e-mail me @ candy_addict01@hotmail.com
old_fashioned_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_fashioned_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 4:23pm
i have long red hair that's very thin. i just got a cute little hat from like the 1940's or something. my dress and the hat are black, i'm gonna try to get black gloves and a black purse. any ideas? e-mail me pleaz! kibbles_2004@hotmail.com
old_fashioned_gurl[angel
m&m View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m&m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 6:47pm
i need a updo. i am going to a wedding and need something simple but sexy kind of. my hair is golden bonde w/ platinu,m blonde highlights, and it is shoulderlength and layered. thank you!!
Katee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 3:02pm
I have short hair that almost reaches my shoulders! my prom is coming up soon and all the hairstyles that ive lookes at need long hair! i cant seem to find any for short hair! Anysuggestions?? thanks email me Faerie_raingoddes@yahoo.com
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 2:49pm
to: suga_gal

If your dress is strapless, you should put your hair up or else there's no point of wearing a strapless dress. Have you thought of any particular style you're going for? E.g. romantic- an updo with defined curls with flower or hair jewel. For a change, would you mind straightening your hair and getting an updo done? These are some questions, you should ask yourself. Remember, simple updo with a gorgeous flower or hairjewel can look awesome! Don't overdo anything and try to stay with your natural hair state as possible unless you don't mind getting your hair straightened.
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 2:53pm
to: m&m

Although you didn't say if you had wavy, straight or curly hair, I think you should crimp your hair or curl it in loose curls, and put a flower or hairjewel in your hair. You don't have to curl all of your hair, you can simply just curl few outer strands of your hair, and it would still look awesome. Remember to keep the look natural because overdone is definitely not sexy!
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 2:58pm
to: Katee

Hun, there's nothing to worry about. I have a prom coming up, and I have no idea how I'm going to wear my hair either. I would suggest cornrows, or twists with little hair jewels at the end. They look phenomenal! Other simple hairstyles yet elegant are: 1)curl your hair in tight ringlets or loose curls and just simply make tiny braids in your hair, 2) dye your hair or get awesome highlights and just place a flower or hairpin in your hair 3)get extensions if you want and do an updo
Lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 3:26pm
http://www.davidsprom.com/dresses_detail.jsp?&stid=38&pid2=0&pg=Handbags - that is my dress, and I really would love to have a great hair-do to go with it! I have medium-long dark brown hair and I am totally out of ideas. Please help me! I definitely need it!!
sweetie02 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetie02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 6:54pm
i have reddish sort of honey colored blonde hair down to my shoulders in layers i am going to a wedding in a week and a half any ideas for my hair?
Countrygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Allison Mathews Allison Mathews wrote:

I am just wondering if any of you know an easy way to curl short hair. My hair is mid-neck, but also layered. I have hot rollers that are skinny, and need some advice on how to create the curls I want. Any advice? or other ideas to curl my hair with them?

okay first i need to know what kind of curls to you want tight kinky curls long big banna curls and then i will see what i can do
love sassygurl
Countrygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Angie Angie wrote:

Hiya:)
I have long brown thickish hair. My dress is midnight blue with little spaghetti straps. I'm going to be doing a lot of dancing in it, so I guess it'd be better up. Any ideas for something special?
~Angie

hi:)
okay prom is on the 26th and i don't know how to do my hair. my hair is long strawberry blonde and natuarly straight i want it to be curly and sexy can you help me?
love sassygurl
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 3:56pm
To: Lindsay

You didn't mention anything about what type of your hair is so I'll give you few ideas for both curly and straight hair.

If your hair is straight:

1) do a French twist and bring the hair up to the top and use a curling iron to curl the hair at the top.

2) get cornrows or twists so that it is going diagonally, and curl the rest of the hair.

3) loose curls with a flower at the side

4) more ideas at http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promstyles.htm

If you have curly hair:

1) Get your hair straightened and wear a rhinestone headband

2) diffuse your hair....make sure the curls are very defined and springy! All you need to do is get a nice hair accessory or a flower to finish it off.

3) Go with looser curls if you already have tight curls... and vice versa

I would recommend getting an updo done because your dress shows your back. By the way, I love your dress!
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 4:03pm
To :sweetie02

There are tons of things you can do... whether it's cornrows, twists, chignons, or simply just curl your hair. Don't overdo it or else it won't look as good.... I would say go simple with curls and a pretty hair accessory.
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 4:07pm
To: Countrygurl

I would suggest loose curls because they're really sexy! But if you want tight curls, that's cool too because curls are sexy no matter what! Anyways, I'm not very familiar with curling iron sizes but you can use curling irons to achieve this curly look. Add a flower and voila! Your hair will look awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic