Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone need help with prom/formal hairstyles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Lgrundy2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lgrundy2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Dynah Dynah wrote:

If anyone needs help with prom/formal hairstyles, feel free to ask.
I have a halter style dress this year for prom and I need some ideas for hairstyles. I dont know what would really be a good way to keep my hair up and keep the back of the dress visible. Can you give me some ideas? I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2003 at 2:47pm
Simple things like chignons can pull it off. I think you should incorporate cornrows or twists and pull your hair into a high ponytail and curl it- loose curls or tight ringlets. Finish it off with a hair accessory or a pretty flower! Remember that there are different things you can do to achieve a fabulous updo!
lilprincesbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilprincesbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 7:22pm
Hi i am 16 years old and I was invited to the prom by my boyfriend. I have my dress and everything i need but now i am completly clueless on what to do with my hair. I know i want to have atleast some hair down if not all but nothing with all my hair off my sholders and that i want to have it curly. my hair is curly it is strawberry blond with natural highlights and i have eyebrow length bangs. Please help me in any way you can I would like ideas. i am completly clueless. I appreciate any ideas you can give me

Thank you
Nikki
kopiikat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopiikat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 10:50pm
Help me... I have no idea what to do with my hair for prom, and I only have a week left!

For Junior Prom I had my hair pulled back and had soft curls down my back. I also had a few curls around my face.

This year, I want an updo again, but I don't know what to do. I want a soft look again, but I don't want to do the same thing as last year.

My hair is straight, light brown, and a few inches longer than shoulder length. My dress is satin, has skinny straps, and is a dark red. I like soft curls and might want to use them this year again. I want a romantic sort of look, and I want it to look soft, but also be sort of sexy. (My boyfriend hates tight curls and shiny gel-hair.) Finally, I want to add flowers or beads, but I'm not sure which...

Please help me!!
Starlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 2:44am
Like every other girl, I need help finding a hairstyle for my prom next month. :) My hair is a light blonde hair colour, normally straight, and currently falls several inches below my shoulders.

I know that every girl in my class is pretty much getting the same hairdo for prom - curled and pinned up in some fancy arrangement with a few loose tendrils for effect. I've seen last year's grad students, and the senior girls had the same curled-pinned-up-hairstyle down pat. If I didn't know any better, I would think they all went to the same hairdresser or got together to create the same hairdo. There was no originality or anything that would set them apart. I consider myself to be a unique individual, in personality and appearance, and this might sound silly, but I want to look special for prom by showing off that individuality.

I don't want some outrageous hairstyle with spikes or braids sticking every way. My dress is strapless and the top bodice has designs that I want to call attention upon, so I would rather wear my hair up. But at the same time, I don't want to follow the crowd. I'll probably be doing my own hairdo, but I have two months to practice, and I'm willing to get creative as long as no hair-dying or drastic hair-cutting is involved. :)
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 12:50am
I need a hair do for prom! I have thin shoulder length hair. I have the hair in the front layered...the highest it goes it to my chin. I want a style that is sorta messy but looks good for thin hair. Help! Prom is a week away! Please email me at bluebunnypen@yahoo.com if you have any ideas.
~Stressed!~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Stressed!~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 10:20am
I need help! I'm going to a dance tonite and I want my hair up. I was hoping for an upside down french braid but I can't find a picture to bring to the salon. Any other ideas for updos or a site that I could find a picture on? Thanks!
Jaqinthemac View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqinthemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 8:33pm
Hi!

I am in desperate need of finding a punky updo for grad night...I have brown long hair and it is very thick...If anybody has any suggestions email me or post here
Thanks

Jaqinthemac@aol.com
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:50am
a good curling product try bed head by tigi, greta and smells good
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:50am
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
soph584 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 7:25pm
heyy!!
i really need help to find a style for homecoming asap!! i have just past the shoulders, medium to thick brown hair with blondish highlights which is wavy. i want an updo that has come curls coming down or something but im open to suggestions...ive looked on soo many websites and havent seen nething i like so your my last hope!! Thanx sooo much for your help!!

ps: if you have any pics send them to soph584@hotmail.com, thanx!!
tennis87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennis87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 4:02pm
My hair is short; it is above my shoulder but below my chin. I have homecoming soon, and I don't know what to do with it. Curld looks stupid, and it is hard to put up. What should I do???
October View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote October Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2003 at 3:11pm
Hi my home coming is Oct. 3rd im having a profesional come do my hair but i want to show her what i want because if she just does watever she wants im afraid of the outcome do have any cute pics im in 8th grade and my dress is maroon w/ glitter o and if you do make-up do u have any ideas for me cuz i dont no wat to do for my dress and i have to do my makeup myself PLZ! HELP!!!!!!!! email me at blndcheerchic4u@yahoo.com
HS2005 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HS2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 6:27pm
I have a strapless dress and I needed an idea for my hairstyle, I was thinking half up/half down so my shoulders weren't too bare, but ideas would work......any ideas?
Kyoko View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyoko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2004 at 10:13am
Hey, i really need some help with a prom hairstyle. My dress is a lighter pink color and strapless... I really want a curled updo but i can't seem to find anything i like.. any ideas?? I'm hoping to wear a tiara....

thank you sooooo much.... heres my email addy if anyone has any ideas kyoko_marea@hotmail.com
elizabethc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elizabethc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 11:25am
help! i have a problem, prom is coming up soon and i dont have any idea on what kind of updo i should get. I have very curly hair, the kind of curls that u can wrap around a pencil and it will stay, lol. they arent very frizzy, but i have a lot of hair and it is long. past my shoulders. I need help on what kind of style would be best. if you have any ideas, please help. thank you
sycolildevl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sycolildevl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2004 at 1:22pm
Hi! Please..i need help... prom is in 3 weeks and i still have no clue on how to do my hair. I have straight black hair that goes to almost my middle back. I Need Help.... Here is my dress picture....
http://www.tiffanydesigns.com/CollectionItem.asp?ID=262
please help me...
Cryssy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cryssy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 12:13pm
I have a deep red almost burgundy and it is strapless with a lace up back. I have hair that is about 4 inches below my shoulders and we are planning on using baby's breath and jewels in my hair. How should it be put up?
Margie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2004 at 4:14pm
Try www.easy-formal-hairstyles.info or some links on this site. Some people say that it is very good.

Margie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic