Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

...needs hair coloring advice...:)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keyfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keyfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...needs hair coloring advice...:)
    Posted: April 27 2006 at 12:00am
...okay, here's my problem.  I have thick, short, natuarally med. brown hair.
a little while ago i used some hi-lift red color l'oreal i think, to dye it.  It turned this very fake dark red that i didnt like,so i colorfixed it and i tried Wella color charms Red red, which looked super perfect red color in the swatch, but it turned a more red/brown color for me. 
I also tried ion brilliance radiant red (i think thats the name) but it is like RED, like the crayon color red, not hair color red, which is sorta cool, but as you can probably tell, i'm not looking for that color!

I want a color that a bright med. red...any suggestions of brands? i was thinking about trying wella color charms semi perm, or mabye color gems?  i'm thinking of going semi-or demi since i have dyed my hair a few to many times in a short amount of time :oP  it doesnt seem very damaged though, and im conditioning it and sleeping with jojoba oil in it.  but still...i don't want to risk hurting it with permanant dye again if all possible

also, should i colorfix it to get this wacky red color out before i re dye?

btw this forum rocks! i wish i would have found it sooner, cuz i looove dying my hair!::)

Happy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 4:23pm

Does sleeping with jojoba oil in your hair help it?    In the morning, do you just shampoo it out and does it come out easily?  Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know about red hair color except my hair will not take a red dye, or if it does it comes out in 2 weeks time. 

Keyfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keyfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 5:06pm
acutally it did!  LOL i heard someone mention in passing that they did it, and so when i found my little bottle of jojoba oil, i was like what the heck, it obviously won't hurt it.  So i just spread a handful through my hair and in the morning it washed out easily!  I'm assuming that someone with oily hair problems whouldnt want to use it, but since jojoba oil is super good for dry skin, and hair and skin are both made of keretin, it works for both!

thas alright that you don't have ne red hair advice...i'm going to try color gems in light red copper and red copper mixed....:) hope it works!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic