Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde to Red to Orange Platinum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blonde4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde to Red to Orange Platinum
    Posted: April 28 2006 at 11:20pm
Ok....deep breaths....I have naturally dark blonde hair that I have been getting highlighted with lighter blonde highlights for several years. I have been very happy with the results. The other day I went in for my highlights, and my hairdresser said she wanted to also put in lowlights to bring out the blonde more. I said ok. Well, the lowlights were severe, to the point I looked more brunette than blonde, and in bright light the brown looked like deep red. She knew I wasn't happy with it and told me to call her the next day if I wanted her to change it. I did. She supposedly reversed the lowlights, but now the dark lowlights are replaced with really light bleached-blonde looking hair, and worst of all, there are some orange streaks in it! On top of it, I have roots exposed from the original lowlights she put in. What a mess! I feel rediculous. I am embarrassed to see anyone I know. But I don't know what else I can do to my hair without ruining it. It is way too light for me, orange in spots, and I don't even think I have any of my original hair color left anywhere on my head. Is there anything I can do???
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:16am
I would either go to a different salon and ask them if they can fix it, or try the same person since they are more likely to fix it for free - however since I wouldn't completely trust this person to do anything good I'd personally rather pay and have it fixed somewhere else.  Its your choice.  With all the different colors you've got on there now, I wouldn't recommend trying to do anything yourself since you were not doing it that way before, that could get very complicated.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic