Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hairlocs in l.a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hairlocs in l.a
    Posted: May 09 2006 at 1:19am

I am a black hairstylist looking for  a black hairstylist to install me a full head of hairlocs. I need someone who is certified ,I am trying this out before I spend 1,500 for the class. I would like a black stylist only because I need to ask questions regarding black hair. Please I love this forum and I am not trying to offend anyone I have learned so much here. Thanks

I am located in Long Beach, California

Edited by 1hairlover
lovelove
htowngirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htowngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:32pm

You have two fantastic black hairstylists near you who install Hairlocs.  Both are certified in Hairlocs and do beautiful work. One is in LA and the other is Las Vegas (relocated from LA).

PM me and I can give you more details on both stylists.

Htowngirl
htowngirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htowngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:55pm

Oh yeah..I forgot to mention that I am African American and I have a full head of Hairloc extensions installed.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I have previously worn fusion extensions and the Hairloc extensions are no comparison.  I don't experience the shedding like fusion and the extensions are extremely flat.  ...My favorite part.....is the fact that there is NO GLUE OR HEAT INVOLVED.   I forget they are there unless I run my fingers throught my hair.  I get tons of compliments!  I have had the hairlocs for approximately 2 months and have only lost 3 extensions..and this was during having a shampoo.  The hair is fantastic too....It doesn't tangle and it is always soft and full of body...I think it is a great extensions system.

I would never consider any other type of extensions.

Htowngirl
Karean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 1:47am
I am also looking for HairLocks stylist? Who are these two taleneted women?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 10:42am
i am not black, however i am very experienced and outside of la
check out my site
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
htowngirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htowngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 8:23pm
I had Hairlocs installed last year by Diva in Las Vegas (www.divastyleshair.com) .  She also services the LA area!! She does fabulous work!  Her work speaks for itself!  In the 4 months that I had them installed, I never had any problems losing extensions (I didn't lose more than 10 extensions in 4 months) and the hair didn't tangle!!!  After my hairlocs installation, I was sold on the Hairloc method!!!!TongueTongue
Htowngirl
Karean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 11:02pm
Yeah, called her and she also has REALLY good prices.  I live in North Carolina so I would have to get the $$ to fly, get a hotel,  plus the service.  That is the only set back.  Are you on the website? Can you send any pictures of when your hair was done?

Edited by Karean - December 19 2006 at 11:04pm
Karean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 11:05pm
What does it feel like in your hair?
htowngirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htowngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 8:47pm

You really can't feel them unless you intentionally feel at the scalp.  It is extremely flat..if someone places their hand on your head they won't be able to feel them.  It is not heavy and extremely natural looking.  You actually forget that you have in extensions.  You can wear your hair in all kinds of styles...however, she will tell you not to wear your hair in a "SADE" ponytail....LOL

Like any other weave/extension method, it is important that you take care of your extensions for longevity.  I followed her instructions to the letter and never had any problems.  Diva is extremely professional and ensures that she puts out a good product and professional service.  She even gives you hair products with your install to help ensure proper hair care!!

I hope you get a chance to get the Hairlocs extensions.  Let me know how you like them...you won't be disappointed!WinkWink

Htowngirl
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 8:35am
Hairlocs?
babygurltara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurltara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:24am

Where exactly are u located?

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:34am
who are u wanting to know where they are locatd?
i am located in Rancho Cucamonga, just in case u were asking me!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurltara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:37am
wats this hairloc ting? is it the type of hair?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:39am
Hairlocs are a method that attaches hair to your head without glue, heat or sewing,
feel free to check out my website, it explains alot of it!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurltara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:47am
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

Hairlocs are a method that attaches hair to your head without glue, heat or sewing,
feel free to check out my website, it explains alot of it!Smile

So do u used regular hair like milky way and wat are the cost for hairlocs? Yes I am in California so was asking u where u loacte gonna ck out the site but answer me in the mean time
JOSLYNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOSLYNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 11:14pm
I was just wondering how I could get a hold of the person who did your extentions, I live in Burbank CA and I'd really appreciate any help I can get!!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 11:29am
i use hair that is custom made to my specs. Feel free to call me to set up a consultation.
sandSmile

Edited by TanglesRC - November 05 2007 at 11:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic