Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

double processed hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinayira21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinayira21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: double processed hair
    Posted: May 12 2006 at 11:36am
hi there...

im new here, and i really need your help guys..
ok here's the deal, when i was a kid i used to have big wavy curls, but as i grew up, i kept putting my hair in a braid now, its kind of kinky, as people call it. i think not, its just that the curls are more smaller now, and when i put my hair down, it just blows up..i mean, it just opens up AND GETS THICK especially when i comb my hair.

so what i did, i tried to straighten it,with a straightening product i bought from walmart, i did it at home by myself( i know, bad move) and i kind of did it twice( is it right to say it has been double processed?)Confused

now my problem is, EVERYTIME I COMB MY HAIR, EITHER WET OR NOT, MY HAIR KEEPS BREAKING AND IVE GOT LOT OF SHORT HAIR ON TOP OF MY HEAD (LIKE BABY HAIR) AND IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD..IT LOOKS LIKE A KID CUT MY HAIR AND MY HAIR IS STICKING OUT.IT JUST KEEP ON BREAKING AND IVE GOT A LOT OF SPLIT ENDS NOW..Cry

PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO, OR IF YOU KNOW ANY GOOD SALONS THAT I CAN GO TO, TO GET MY HAIR FIXED..IM FROM SAN DIEGO, ANYWHERE NEAR 92114 AND I REALLY DONT HAVE A BIG BUDGET, ANYTHING FOR LESS THAT $300 PLEASE....

JUST GIVE ME ANY ADVICE PLEASE....

Edited by pinayira21 - May 12 2006 at 11:39am
ira
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:57am
Sorry to hear this happened, the only thing I can suggest at this point is to moisturize it really well, avoid any more chemicals or heat styling, and trim off any hair that is split so it doesn't split up higher.  Salons will have heavy conditioning treatments that are better than what you can buy at a drug store.  Also if you have a beauty supply shop near you, (like a Sally) you can find good conditioning treatments there cheaper than the salon would sell them.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic