Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katherine Heigl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katherine Heigl
    Posted: June 06 2006 at 8:47am
Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl is desperate to cut her flowing blonde hair into a punky style, but TV bosses refuse to allow it. The 27-year-old actress has been begging the medical series' producers to let her loose with a pair of scissors, and she is determined to "wear them down."

She says, "I would love to cut all my hair off into a really short, punky haircut, but the show won't let me. I've asked - a lot. Maybe I'll wear them down by season six."

The Quote
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 5:04pm
Bummer. I only started watching "Gray's Anatomy" because of how great Katherine Heigl looked in the movie "Ringer." She had long blonde hair. I can understand the producers not wanting her to change. I doubt she would have made FHM: The 100 Sexiest Women In The World (FHM) with short spiky hair or been photographed for Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide with a punky style (more than once by the way: Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide) or made the cover of Shop, Etc. with punky hair or be the subject of screensavers like this For The Guys" but, who knows, maybe she would (Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide) . After the way the show ended last season, I'm kind of surprised that she'll be back for another season, considering she's reportedly ready to go George Clooney and give up TV for movies permanently.
HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 12:00pm
I think she's pretty enough to pull off almost any look. See the short & brunette pic from Roswell, below. Maybe they'll work a hairstyle change into her Grey's Anatomy role? Since her character has recently been through a really traumatic event, a drastic change in her appearance would be an interesting plot twist. Then again, they already had George cut his hair after being dumped by Meredith, so maybe they can't do that with another character!

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 8:49pm
At the premier of "Knocked Up" she has gone darker. 
Gregg%20DeGuire/WireImage.com

I like it.  She got too blonde at the end of Grey's Anatomy I thought.
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 10:33pm
HopeB,
Thanks for the short hair pic - really cute
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 11:27pm
Sorry, it's not short; it's just another updo.
HAWG
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

HopeB,
Thanks for the short hair pic - really cute

Updo for her, and Taylor Swift, too... seems to be a style that satisfies short hair lovers and long hair lovers alike.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 2:25pm
It's shorter than it's been on "Grey's" also

HAWG
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 10:21am
It's not punky, but Katherine appears to have gone shorter.
Wire Image

Also try entering Katherine Heigl in the search.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 8:50pm
She sure did, looks about chin length. Like it! Very cute.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 9:06pm
I'm not sure.  Could be one of those pin up jobs.  Have to wait for more pics.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 10:06pm
Looks very cool; would love to see the back.  People Magazine says it's pinned up

%20photo%20|%20

Edited by HAWG - January 17 2008 at 10:59pm
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 1:51am
Whatever happened to Rod?
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 3:07am
It looks pinned up but shows just how good she would look with short hair.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 11:01pm
Before (or maybe after) being on David Letterman last night.  Pinned up again and looking great.

Edited by HAWG - January 19 2008 at 8:38pm
HAWG
laceydon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceydon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:21pm
she is just gorgeous no matter what her hair looks like. i love how she pins it up like that, its a nice non-permanent change.
AngelDream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 12:17pm
Cut or pinned. Don't like it no matter what. She looks older.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/11/katherine-heigl-short-blonde-bob/#more-23982

Edited by AngelDream - February 11 2008 at 12:17pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 9:54pm
Although I think she's eventually going to cut it, I don't think she has yet.  She's been doing the pinned up bob thing for awhile just having fun while Grey's Anatomy is not filming because of the strike.  I predict a haircut gets worked into the script for Izzie.

There are several more sites saying it's been cut but I don't think so; she'll turn up somewhere later in the week with it long; if not, I'll eat more words.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 11:17pm
Eating my words, she cut it.  Today, in Berlin, she looked like this:

Much better than in Madrid.  I like it a bunch.

Edited by HAWG - February 13 2008 at 11:19pm
HAWG
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 4:50am
Though it isn't as short as the "pinned" up bob version is.  I think it looks good.  She may be "trying" shorter hair out without going to a first time major cut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic