Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diluting Liquid Gold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diluting Liquid Gold
    Posted: June 06 2006 at 6:14pm
Ok, I know this was in a post before... but i can't find it now. I searched but to no avail. When Liquid Gold gets too gummy too use, someone said you can dilute it with whatever is already in there, which you can buy at home depot or wherever. Anyone know what the ingredient is called? Or can dig up that old post?
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 7:18pm
I think they were talking about doing individuals with LG and they said they dilute it with LG remover.

If I were you I'd buy a new bottle.

neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neosoulsenhora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 7:48pm
When mine does this I put it in the microwave for 30s like I would heat up wax BUT once you heat it up you have to keep reheating it because once it cools down again it turns back gummy.
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 8:45pm
no it wasnt the LG remover, it was quite a while ago and it was definately something you can buy at home depot or those type of places. I have some more on its way, but I need to do a touch up, and I have 4 bottles of LG thats all too gummy to get out of the bottle.
I'll try the microwave trick though! :)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 10:16pm
It's trichlorethene/trichloroethylene aka TCE.
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 10:35pm
thats the fella! Thanks amm!
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 11:14pm
Man.... that *&*cking sucks! I just pitched 4 bottles!
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 4:18pm
where at home depot do u find the TCE?????
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic