Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

undereye circles and puffiness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: undereye circles and puffiness
    Posted: June 07 2006 at 2:47pm
wondering if anyone knows of a good product to cover dark undereye-circles? I dont know if i should use a certain eye cream cause i have puffiness too, and i have heard of highlighters and different concealers i have tried some concealers and it doesnt help much so wondering if anyone knows of a good product? thanks :)
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 11:27am
I can't think of a good product to conceal the dark circles (sorry). But you might want to try applying cold cucumber slices to your eyes to help decrease the puffiness. Green tea bags work well, too. Steep the tea bags in warm water, squeeze out the excess water and apply to your eyes. I hope this helps!
Follow Your Bliss
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 2:48am
I use Physicians Formula dual eye cream (yellow/peach-skintone tube deal) for my under eye area.  This works very well (oh btw I do not use yellows for the blue colouration - it never blends well for me!) depending on how it is applied...  I've also heard Yogi brand tea sells a Peach Detox tea which helps to clear under eye circles!  The lady drinks 3 cups of this tea per day so it may be worth it if ya really like tea.  : )  I've also heard about the cucumber remedy... and to drink lots of water...   Good luck with this!  I think much of the trick with dark circles is the application.  I usually slight the cream spounge with just a bit of concealer along the blueish line and use my fingers to dab and smooth it in.  On "problem days" where the whole under eye is dark I'll use more of it and probably double on the foundation.  Well good luck (and have fun)!
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 9:26pm
thanks everyone for responses :)
russiancat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russiancat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 9:34am
Try MAC. I love their concealer in a little pot, perfect for a dark undereye circles!
mizzshannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 4:27pm
this will undoubtedly sound stupid, but here goes.  i read on another beauty forum that unflavored gelatin works wonders on under eye circles.  the lady said to combine 1 tsp of unflavored gelatin with 1 Tbsp of boiling water, mix & apply to the area with a cotton ball.  leave it for 30 min.  she said that the day spa she worked at charges $60 for this treatment !  anyway, i don't have under eye circles so i can't vouch for it personally.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 3:30pm
The trick is to use concealer, which is one shade ligher than your foundation, or your skin tone, if your circles are very dark use two shades lighter.
If you have blue or gray circles, use concealer with yellow undertone, while for gray circles use light blue undertone. If you cannot recognize the right undertones, I suggest you take someone experienced with you or you ask someone in the department to help you.
one more advice: apply makeup only on upper eyelashes! If applying on lower eyelashes, you create shadows under eyes.
hope this helps!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 1:05am
 I have heard that preperation h works for puffiness,LOL.I have never tried it,but I know people who have. I think any eye cream with cucumber extract helps.I use age rewind concealer and it works pretty good.
SPICE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 10:24pm
 hey having dark circles  and puffiness under our eyes is a common problem among us... we always think the right way is to use concealers or some other chemical products that is specially used to remove our dark circles ... but that is the wrong way i believe we should use natural products which contain natural herbs as i have praticed it b4 and it worked ....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic