Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Your Healthy Recipes Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Your Healthy Recipes Here
    Posted: June 10 2006 at 11:46am
Hi all. I thought it might be fun and helpful if we had a thread where we can share our healthy recipes. Here's a simple summer sandwich:

Cucumber & Hummus on a Whole Wheat Pita
Peel and slice 1/2 cucumber
Spread hummus inside whole wheat pita pocket
Add cucumbers

Voila! Can't get any easier than that, and it tastes yummy.
Follow Your Bliss
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 11:13pm

Lately I've been making a lot of homemade smoothies.  For a while I was using ice, but lately I've been just freezing fruit instead, which is good, 'cause it helps concentrate the fruitiness and makes it taste better ^_^ .

Basically I just slice some fruit, wrap up small quantities (like one banana or 4-5 strawberries) in a bit of foil or something, and freeze it for a few hours or overnight.  Then I throw it in the blender with a cup of lowfat yogurt (usually a kind that matches or complements the fruit I'm using) and just a couple of ounces of milk.  The milk is just there so the blender doesn't freak out when I ask it to liquefy frozen fruit, but if your blender is less wimpy about that, you might not need the milk.  Then I just blend on the highest speed, stopping once in a while to push down or rearrange the stuff if necessary, until it becomes  smoothie ^_^ .
More awesome than a manatee!
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 1:09pm
This isn't really a healthy recipie but it is a great food. For all you 'brownieholics' out there...buy 'No Pudge Fat Free Brownie Mix". This stuff is amazing as it taste like any other brownie. You can either bake a whole pan of the mix, or do as I do, follow the single serving recipie so you don't go on a chocolate craze. Also, with the single serving, there is no oven required as the microwave cooks it in about three minutes! I highly recommend this brownie mix!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 6:56pm
Kuroneko, I hit Trader Joe's today for some fresh fruit. Your post made me want a smoothie! Tongue
Follow Your Bliss
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 10:06pm
The little packets of fruit in the freezer are becoming a regular, expected thing around here ^_^ .

I wish I had more healthy recipes, but I don't make that many recipes.  Not really much of a cook, to start with. . . and then we also haven't had a working oven in this house for years -_-;;; . . .  Probably the reason I watch so many cooking shows is to live vicariously through them!
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 11:08am
I thought I'd share another recipe. Here is a healthier version of the Waldorf chicken salad wrap:

Cook up 1 white meat chicken breast. Chop up and place in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, walnuts (go easy on the nuts), and fat free plain yogurt. Serve in a whole wheat pita. This makes for a delicious and filling lunch.

Enjoy!
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 11:11am
Here is one more:

Chocolate-Espresso Smoothie

8 ounces fat free chocolate yogurt
1 large banana (browned and frozen)*
2 shots espresso, chilled
2 cups ice (about 14 ice cubes)
1 dozen chocolate-covered espresso beans

Place half of the yogurt plus all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add remaining yogurt and pulse until smooth. (If you add the full container of yogurt at the beginning, the mixture is too thick to blend easily.) For a thicker smoothie, blend in up to a cup more ice. Serves two.
I found this recipe in Runner's World. It's really satisfying after a workout.
Follow Your Bliss
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 11:38am
i dont have much of a recipe but for those that make tuna u could use half the mayo and the other hair fat free plain yogurt it still tastes just about the same and u save yourself some calories!
BenBlaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 11:16am
No recipe, but the water diet is good. Drinking a lot of cold water burns calories and increases your metabolism.

As far as food you'd want to stay away from anything white. Everything else is good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic