Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is soda okay if it is diet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

Any suggestions on how to convince my husband to lay off the Dr. Pepper? You guys dont understand...he is so addicted the next step may be injecting it in his veins,LOL! He complains when he quits he gets headaches and feels tired. I know it's bad for him though.When he has to have like,6 a day!

Maybe you can slowly ween him from Dr. P and onto a natural soda (like Hansen's) or even a flavored seltzer. My guess is that at this point is body has grown accustomed to all of that caffeine so stopping cold turkey might be difficult. If he's at 6 a day now, he can try only drinking 4 or 5 and supplement the other 1 or 2 with a natural soda or a seltzer (he'll still get the flavor and the bubbles). The next week he can try to drop down to 3 or 4, and so on and so forth. Good luck!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 3:17am
Thanks Cherryblsmgirl,for now he has switched some to iced tea,which still has alot of sugar and caffine,but he still at least once or so a week drinks his Dr. Pepper.In the summer he usually drinks Gatorade (cuz he works in the heat) but he says he only likes soda in the winter.
For  a while I had him drinking the flavored water,and he liked it,but he got sick of it I guess. We'llgive the flavored seltzer a try!
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 12:01pm

Well, you're working on him! Since he's digging the iced tea, maybe you can eventually move him onto sugar free or at least green tea. The men are tough to budge from their habits. My sig other loves sausage & bacon which are horrible for you. I've been slowly trying to move him to turkey bacon & turkey sausage, but it's a challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic