Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JetSet Body???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trinity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JetSet Body???
    Posted: June 15 2006 at 8:26am
I am currently wearing JetSet "body" and I did a fresh install last weekend (Saturday) with LG & ProTac and I wanted to give it a few days for the bond to really take..anyway, my question is for anyone currently wearing body..I have washed it and it turned frizzy on me after the blow dry, so I straightened it with my straighten iron and it became smooth but I wanted to wear it wavy and once I wet it again last night after hours or straightening it, its frizzy again..

I washed with ABBA and conditioned with ABBA (leave-on) and its still frizzy..

Is there anyone else wearing the jetset body that is having this problem or can give me a pointer as to what product to put in to leave it soft (as when I received it)? I like straight hair but I also loved the body wave that it had when I received it?

Any advice would be so appreciated. I had to wear my hair completely up today to avoid looking like a poodle to come to work!!

Thanking you in advance...
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 8:42am
I am wearing the jetset body in #4. The wave does come out after you wash it. This is true for most bodywave hair. If you want the curls to stay you should maybe try the spiral or volume wave.   I dry my hair straight and then curl it with a unil infrashine  flat iron to get the wavy look.  I alternate  using abba and rusk ceramic str8 shampoo. I then put in paul mitchell skinny serum before I blow dry and after I blowdry before using the flat iron and this leaves it smooth and silky. No hair will really stay as soft as when you receive it but the paul mitchell really does help. To touch up my hair the next day if I dont wash it I will put in some more paul mitchell and then I recurl a few pieces with the flat iron. I have been wearing mine about a month now.
http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 9:22am

The body wave I wore from Jet Set had zero frizz and straightend and curled very easily.  The wave dropped after washing and left me with soft hair with body but there was not enough wave left to just scrunch or anything.  The natural wave keeps a little more wave after washing, but the hair is not as soft.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 9:45am
when your hair is almost dry, put some serum in it and do a simple braid.  Once its dry, it should be soft, wavy, and frizz free.
Trinity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:07am
Thank you girls!!!

My hair has a course texture now that I washed it and it is frizzy so maybe they sent me the "natural wave" instead of body? It is not soft and it does look frizzy and kinky and I know one of you mentioned that once washed it does not have a curl to it and mine surely does..

I also have the volume wave (not inserted yet) and I will go home tonight and try to wash it and see what happens..

So washing it alone and conditioning it, won't keep it soft? I was so impressed with the soft texture once it arrived that I assumed it would stay this soft..It did straighten with the iron beautifully but i wanted to be able to wear it wavy too..

What type of iron are you using to give it wave like that? I have a 3-barrel (Hot Tools) and it puts a wave but not a deep wave..

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:20am
I have the bodywave and it has some issues.

The volume wave I have in the sample looks nicer so I'd love to see a full pic if anyone has any.
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:36am
My avatar is the volume wave 1/2 tighter wave 1/2 looser wave.  This is what it looked like before tipping and installing with silicone lined micro rings:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:46am
I think mine feels a little course also until I put the paul mitchell skinny serum in. I havent used any extension hair yet that stays super soft with just conditioner and shampooing. Try the paul mitchell and then curl with the flat iron. i use unil infrashine iron (expensive but you can find on ebay for 85.00 sometimes). I gurantee this combo will make it softer. It made a huge difference in my hair.  I have also tried  putting a little redken smooth down butter treat in my hair after a shower and it makes it softer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:48am
oh by the way the ulta beauty store has sample sizes of the paul mitchell serum so you can try it out before buying a big bottle
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 1:42pm

I use the Garnier Fructis sleek and shine   It is really cheap and I find it works GREAT at keeping the frizzies away!!  I live in a very humid area and this is a life saver.  I currently am wearing Amm's remmy elite, and if I don't use this stuff it turns into a huge friz bomb!!

Trinity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 2:01pm

Thank you so much girls!!! I am gonna try it all..

AMM: Oh gosh I think you do have issues with that hair??? I don't know what to do, I paid so much for the hair that I want to be able to work with it so if they product does not work, I will have to remove it!!  To top it all off, I dyed my hair to match the darn hair (was orangy) so now I Am stuck with orangy hair (usually a 613 colour) and now the darn hair is frizzy!!!

Sarytyr: Oh my gosh that is terrible, both straight and wavy all in one!!! I have 8 more ounces at home still in its pack, so I will take a photo of that tonight and then show you my head, its rediculous!!! I am so pissed right now..I am gonna go look for those products..I am in Canada so my options are not as great but I am sure I can buy those products online?
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 2:59pm
Trinity,
     Yea, that didn't work out so well, more tangling with 2 different textures.  However, I told Jet Set about the difference and set them the same photo and they sent me more wefts in the darker color in the wave that matched the light color (thank goodness I preferred the looser wave anyway).  I am installing that tonight, hope that works out better.
-s
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 3:14pm
Gsmilie, I wanted to let you know that I measured how much hair I've got in my head and my 8 oz. estimate was way off. It is actually 6.3 oz. minus 1 1/2" off the bottom, so I'm guessing I'm wearing less than 6 oz. total. You're right, a full 8 oz. with my hair only to shoulder length would be a HUGE amount of hair! As it is, I'm contemplating taking a weft or so thickness out of it all the way around 'cuz with that Elite Remy/Wagman hair it is so easy to end up with BIG hair. (One of my former stylists used to call that style "Texas Big Hair!!!")

On topic, I like a grocery store product called Silk Drops from FX (6 bucks!) for anti-frizz. Velvasil between washings helps too, but I really do have to give it a fast zap with a straightening iron every day if I want it really sleek.

Edited by kristie m - June 15 2006 at 3:17pm
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 6:05pm
Yes-- I would be one sporting HUGE TEXAS HAIR right now! LOL...good thing I am in an 80's band!    I am wearing about 7 oz of Wagman right below the shoulders and it is MEGA thick. At 2 weeks with pinch braids, it has finally calmed down a bit. At first, the mere thickness/ frizzy problem was freaking me out. I use Kerasilk conditioner and CHI serum before I blow dry. I scrunch it and then go over it with a curling iron in spots and it's big wavy/curly....but smooth and sleek. Takes me a damn hour to do my hair, though. Geeez
Trinity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 6:41am
Thanks girls, I straightened my hair last night (I have an expensive but good straightening iron) and again this morning, woke up with frizzies so I re-touched it with the iron again and attemped to put in some big curls with a regular iron and it won't hold a curl!! ARGH...
I am tempted to take this hair out!! I spent so much but its too much maintenance!!! i will try to buy some product tonight to try and smooth it out that might make the curl take...
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 10:21am
Trinity,

I am wearing the JetSet body wave, and mine gets frizzy just figured mine was from our well water, but I use Ion polish spray (from Sallys's)frizz is gone and left with loose body wave. sometimes have to spray again in middle of the day but it works.
Trinity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 10:43am
I am in Canada and unfortunately we do not have a Sally's but I am a certified hair stylist and have access to many liscensed places but who makes that brand?
YES mine is a frizz ball and looks like a bad weave right now!! I hate it!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic