Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"trendy" color on natural dark brown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "trendy" color on natural dark brown
    Posted: June 16 2006 at 1:45am
You know those "crazy" kind of colors/color designs you see on TV, like Shakira (i think) with blonde hair and black on the under layers?  Or blondes with red tips?  I noticed they never have a flattering 'crazy' look for brunettes.  I would like to do something like that, like maybe big panels of light brown and some black or pink...I dunno.  But not just for the sake of doing it; it has to be flattering.  So not like ppl who kool-aid their hair and it looks like sh**.
Any ideas or pics?
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 11:50pm
This isn't reeeally crazy but definitely out of the ordinary, chunky highlights on brunette:

phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 4:30pm
Thanks.  But actually, I already have that and have done it for a while and am kinda sick of it...
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 7:58pm
OK here's some Shakira with red...I think it looks really cool when straightened. Or you could use electric blue instead of red streaks:

chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 9:02pm

And this link has some violet, etc. highlights:

http://www.virtualhaircare.com.au/virtual%20salon/salon%20services/Choosinghighlights.html

Edited by chinastop - June 18 2006 at 9:03pm
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 1:18am
I really like Kelly Clarkson's hair here with the chunky red and blonde highlights.

Nikki
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 5:19pm
I am loving that hair colour on Kelly Clarkson above.  Really gorgeous!
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 12:54am
Hey thanks.
But I know red looks terrible on me.  Pink actually looks good.  But maybe that's too much...
valkyrie_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valkyrie_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 6:39pm
Hi there...

You might want to try the website www.haircrazy.info.  They have information on "unnatural" colors for hair.  A lot of people have pink with brunette/natural colored hair.  I guess you just need to figure out what color pink would work best.

Depending on your natural color, there are a ton of pinks out there.  Personally, I love hot pink/fuschia and purples.  There are so many options!

Good luck!  Hope to see you on the Hair Crazy site.  The people there are quite nice and have a lot of experience with "wild" hair color.

Angie
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:26pm
Thanks.  Ill look at that site.  I do like the Kelly Cl. pic...the big chunks are very cool.
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 10:13pm
I always thought black or dark brown hair with a few purple highlights would look cute.  Or you could always do the underlayer or middle layer with some purple.. just a thought.  (but you'd have to bleach it first and then use manic panic or some true purple color.)

But these just might go along with the crazy kool-aid hair you hate..dunno..just some ideas to get you thinking

Edited by meli - June 28 2006 at 10:22pm
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 11:41pm
Those are cool, esp the 3rd and 4th.

Does anyone have a pic of them with med. - dark brown hair and purple or pink tips?  Has to be long hair, like the girl in the previous post with the purple on her hair from the middle on down.  If so could you post it?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by phix95 - June 29 2006 at 1:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic