Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*dyed black hair back to blonde*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *dyed black hair back to blonde*
    Posted: June 16 2006 at 3:27am
hi there! i am having some problems with girls going from dyed black hair and wanting to have lighter hair and blonde hi-lites.

well this girl came in with dyed black hair...she wanted to have her whole entire hair to be lighter and with blonde hi-lites...soo we bleach wash her hair...and her grow out is alot lighter than the rest of the hair...so we put on a toner on the grow out...and then put an all over color...after that we foiled her hair...it took us about 4-5 hrs...and thats a big chunk of time Confused..and i was wondering if there's any faster way to handle this kind of situation! any tips/advice would be awesome! Smile
FabulousHairExt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabulousHairExt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 1:17pm

Well first of all it would have been much better on her hair for you to have used a color remover like colorfix on her hair under a hooded dryer, then the bleach bath. You could have used the colorfix, foiled her highlights and then applyed the base color between the foils, her hair would have been allover healthier and it would have cut out prob an hour of time. But this is color correction, you should be taking your time, and charging for it. In nc where I live color correction, removing the black and adding the lighter color would have been $150-200 plus $45-105 for the highlights, you should be charging accordingly.

P.S. go to sally's next time someone with colored hair want's it lighter and pick up some colorfix you won't be disappointed.Wink
fyi I know my spelling sux!
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 4:10am
so theres a color remover that removes the black dye? and it only removes the color(dye) not her natural hair color? right? after that then we bleach wash the whole entire head? and then you foiled the hair and put the desired color in between? am i correct? im not sure! hehe im still learning and gosh sometimes it can be so confusing!....and the sad part is that we only charged her $140! for the whole entire thing...i guess we need to up our prices! and thank you so much for responding! Smile hope to hear from u soon!
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 4:15am
ohh i see what ure trying to say! dont do the beach wash! and instead just putting the colorfix on her hair underneath the dryer...but for how long? do we just keep checking on it until its lighter? and does it effect her natural color hair? which is the grow out?. lol im totally lost awhile ago but i read ur post again and im like ohhh i see what shes trying to say! yeah her hair was pretty dried after all that! Shocked  
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 11:09am
Colorfix will remove the build up of oxidative dyes (permanent dyes), it won't affect the natural colour like bleach does.  If I remember correctly one application takes 30 minutes but there are full instructions in the box.  On dyed black hair it may take more than one application, and will not get the hair down completely to the natural colour...it will probably be an orangey brown/blonde after one application depending on how long the hair has been dyed for.
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 1:34pm
Smile ok now i totally understand how colorfix works! thanks so much guys! or else i would be lost! and bleaching out everybodys hair! lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic