Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red vs. Auburn--Professional Explanation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red vs. Auburn--Professional Explanation?
    Posted: April 17 2000 at 9:52am

Can anyone describe the difference between red and auburn hair color? I just read an article that said red is more universally flattering than auburn. I /have/ had bad luck with color that has "auburn" in the name--but what's the difference?

I always thought auburn was reddish brown?

Ally
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2000 at 8:01pm
Dear Ally:

Auburn red is a brownish red. It can be a deep level or a medium level of color. Red in color can be a cool red, meaning red with a blue undertone, or a warm red which has an orange oor gold red undertone.

True reds usually do not have the brownish color in them. The reason you may have had bad luck with that color is that you probably have a cool skin tone and the brownish reds usually flatter warm skin tones.

Hope this helps!

Forest
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2000 at 8:03pm
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 9:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic