Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Welcome - Post Board Questions & Suggestions Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome - Post Board Questions & Suggestions Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome - Post Board Questions & Suggestions Here
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:43pm
Hey everyone,

As Karen stated, please feel free to post any questions or suggestions/concerns you may have about the Hairtalk Forums in this subforum.  I will be checking it regularly and I am always interested to hear from our users.

Alternatively, I am always available at awalker@hairboutique.com or I can be private messaged through the HairTalk forums by my screen name: Andrew Walker.

In the future I hope to begin placing tips in this subforum to answer some of our most frequently asked questions in addition to providing our users knowledge of how to use the HairTalk forums to their best advantage.

Thank you all for visiting us at Hairboutique.com,

Edited by Andrew Walker - June 22 2006 at 4:34pm
satsirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satsirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 12:05pm
Have you heard of the "beenie cut"?  It makes the crown of your head fuller.  My hairdresser does not know of it, but my previous one does.  Any suggestions??
citykitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citykitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 2:32pm
I am about to cut off my long hair and want to have it made into a wig for a family member who is going through chemo. Does anyone know where and how I can have a wig made using my own hair? Please help!
thanks
citykitty
GearMaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GearMaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 1:50pm
QUESTION: Daily Digest Emails Possible?

While I am fairly new, I have searched throughout the forum to find an answer but have been unsuccessful.

Is there any way to make the email notifications come in a "Daily Digest" format (common to most boards) or is the "Individual Email Notices" the only method of learning of responses to posts?

Find getting so many notices in a short period of time all leading to the same thread, which of course I perused fully with the first email notice. Then have to check each and every email notice to make sure it leads to the same thread. Frustrating and time consuming.

Advice please.
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 4:02pm
GearMaven,

There are a couple of features that you may find useful that you may or may not be fully aware of. 

The first is the "Active Topics" button at the top right of the page.  This page is very useful in showing you what has been posted most recently and if you haven't already, you may want to give it a look.

Another great feature of the forums is the RSS feed.  If you look near the "Select a Theme" drop down menu on the right side of the page, above the forums, you'll notice an orange RSS button.  If you click on it, you'll see a listing of the last 10 posts in the forum you are currently viewing.  If you click it on the main page, it will show the last 10 forum wide posts.  This RSS feed can be used with special RSS feed programs to keep you updated on the latest forum posts, many of which support email notifications.  You may want to do a google search on "RSS Readers" to explore some of the possibilities there. 

If none of these satisfy exactly what you are looking for, we are always open to new ideas and appreciate any feedback you can provide - the more detailed, the better.

Hope that helps!
GearMaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GearMaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 7:52pm
Thanks, I guess I could uncheck the "Email Notify me of Replies" box after I write a post and then just receive the RSS feed. That's probably the smarter solution.

Thanks for your help!
reggie54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reggie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 10:28pm
my name is Regina, i lost most of my hair to lupus. i was bless to get a lace front wig but i find the hair is to much it is 100% density or medium. i have worn wigs and braids. since i was 14 and now at 54.  i do not like the wig look can someone please tell me the density i should get for the next one i want it to look as natural as possible. this site is great i just found it on the 14th of may. Cry help please i want to buy it soon also i have a problem
 every color chart looks different i want a golden brown or lt. chestnut brown the closest i can describe my skin color is to may toni braxton. i don't even know the right lace color. i really need some advice here. i am not partying like it 1999 but i am still very active or young at heart but i want to look my age not older or like i am trying to be a young woman in her 30's.LOL
Poza Salon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poza Salon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 10:11pm

This site should have a place for Salons to show off there own hair trends for 09.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 10 2009 at 8:31am
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Poza Salon Poza Salon wrote:

This site should have a place for Salons to show off there own hair styles.

HairBoutique.com works with many salons (US and International) on a constant basis to show off their hair trends. 

We accept submissions on CDs and via email and post them in our Hair Galleries with credit to the appropriate salon and hairstylists who have created them.

Note:  To see our world famous hair galleries with the latest hairstyles please visit:  http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/

However we do not appreciate salons that come to our HairTalk Forum and post over 20 advertisements to their salon with links.  HairBoutique.com would never dream of going to a salon site and posting 20 advertisements for our website. 

If a salon would like to be featured at HairBoutique.com for their photos they can send me an email - shelton@hairboutique.com and the HairBoutique.com staff will be happy to assist them with being included in our hairstyle galleries.

At the current time we work with over 25 renowned salons to provide the latest images of hair cuts, hair styles and information. 

I am a licensed hairdresser and I work with a team of 8 other licensed hairdressers to provide our HairBoutique.com visitors with the best possible hair information.

Before randomly posting links to your salon you might like to check first for the proper posting rules which are listed in the HairTalk Forum Rules For Posting.

Thank you.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 10 2009 at 8:43am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic