Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cindycut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cindycut
    Posted: June 27 2006 at 2:25pm
Metal girl how did the cindycut machine work on your client? Does the machine braid your tracks ,I am trying to understand how this works.
lovelove
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 2:33pm
Hi,

The Cindycut machine is working very well.  It is what they call a 'cable weave' where the track is made with two spools of fishing line type stuff where the client's natural hair is interwined in such a way where a track is made.  The DVD that comes with the thing explains it very well.

The machine is electric which means the spools of cable always will have even and consistent tension as you weave.  For those of you who have use a manual cable weave machine, you know how much harder it makes it to keep even tension in your cables without the electric conponent.

The only thing that takes to be aware of is that the tension can be very tight as you weave, so it is necessary to press very firmly against the person's head to avoid them getting their hair yanked.

I give it a 'thumbs up' as for as weaving systems go.
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 5:23pm

Thank you so much I understand now. I appreciate the post.

lovelove
FabulousHairExt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabulousHairExt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 5:25pm
Do you have any pic's metalgirl?
fyi I know my spelling sux!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Hi,

The Cindycut machine is working very well.  It is what they call a 'cable weave' where the track is made with two spools of fishing line type stuff where the client's natural hair is interwined in such a way where a track is made.  The DVD that comes with the thing explains it very well.

The machine is electric which means the spools of cable always will have even and consistent tension as you weave.  For those of you who have use a manual cable weave machine, you know how much harder it makes it to keep even tension in your cables without the electric conponent.

The only thing that takes to be aware of is that the tension can be very tight as you weave, so it is necessary to press very firmly against the person's head to avoid them getting their hair yanked.

I give it a 'thumbs up' as for as weaving systems go.

Metalgirl, I know you're the expert but I've heard people complain about the fishing wire breaking their hair.

Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 8:00pm
Hello everyone, i ran across that site also, and i wanted to purchase the machine. I thought it was like the pole, but it isn't. Does it cause breakage, keep me posted, because I do a lot of sew in so, I was just wondering the same thing.
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:47pm
Since I just got the machine and have only done a few people I don't know about the breakage issue.  I don't think that the fishing line would cause breakage.  It's very fine, like thread.  As these people cycle back in for their redos, I guess I'll know if there is breakage or not.  I am not anticipating a problem though.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 10:02pm

Thank you for responding back metalgirl, i saw the demo tape they sent me and it didn't look damaging. Are all the methods they teach usable in your salon. Like the one where you order the hair and clients come back in for you to sew the hairpiece onto that track?

Thanks, Shiry

http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 11:39am
Hi,

I have sewed hairpieces on with microring tracks, so I would imagine that the Cindycut track would work just as well.  I'm eager to try it, as my hairpiece business is picking up lately.
Cindycut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindycut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 1:42pm
Thank You....My name is Jessi and I work for Cindycut.....it feels great to know that we have helped so many people. I am new to this business (cindycut).....so i don't know very much about our stuff but if you have any questions i would be very glad to help.

Sincerely,
    Jessi at Cindycut

www.cindycut.com
Cindycut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindycut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 2:04pm
Hi my name is Jessi....i work for Cindycut....I am new to this business but I love the fact that I can help people. If you have any questions feel free to ask away and I will do my best to find out!

Sincerely Yours,
   Jessi

www.cindycut.com
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 10:57am
I haven't used the cindycut eletric weave machine too much.  It's like a pole weave, but it's electric and that keeps the tension.  Honestly I'm afraid of there being too much tension while you work on your client.  I am afraid of pulling their hair.

Now I have tried it on a handfull of people and it really does make a nice little track.  The only drawback is that the method has you use a brush on adhesive on your track to help secure it and keep it from slipping, and most people want a weave because they do not want glue in their hair.

Overall I can see the usefulness in the machine, but for weaves I tend to stick to the microring weave that works well and doesn't place so much tension on the hair.

If anyone is interested in buying my electric weaving machine, drop me an email and make an offer...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic