Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beyonce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 10:19pm
Even though Beyonce has made a career out of extensions and wigs, mercy, that photo is quite an eye opener. The look on the guy's face pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
michie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 11:05pm
He's actually a writer in the hip hop industry, nonetheless. I don't know if he's shocked to be walking alongside Beyoncé or if he's shocked to see her hair (or lack of it)....                

Edited by michie - July 31 2006 at 11:05pm
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 12:44pm
That photo has been doing the rounds for ages. It looks straightened there which probably accounts for the damage. She was probably wearing weaves more than lacefronts back then. Since she's switched to lacefronts mostly, her real hair looks alot healthier when it is seen.
michie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 12:01am
Here's a more recent photo shoot:              

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 5:55am
That photo does seem pretty conclusive.
CrazyChica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyChica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by michie michie wrote:

Um.....This is her hair. It's in a 'bun', but it's not very long or thick, as you can see.  

THAT PROBABLY THE RESULTS OF HER CUTTING HER HAIR FOR THE VIDEO "ME,MYSELF AND I" BACK IN 04..BUT ANYWHO...BEYONCE HAS REALLY LONG HAIR ..REAL HAIR SHE MIGHT WEAR LACE FRONTS BUT HER REAL HAIR IS LONG.....IN THIS PICTURE IT SEEMS TO BE IN A BUN BUT YOU CANT REALLY SEE IT BECAUS3 HER HAIR IS THIN

Edited by CrazyChica - August 05 2006 at 6:33pm
Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 4:41am
I always knew she had relatively short hair. It was obvious she was wearing extensions or wigs. Many women of African heritage have difficulty growing long hair. Of course many of them look delightful in short hairstyles.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 6:19am
True. On closer inspection, it seems like a bun with some wispy bits sticking out.
mcelweewife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 3:08pm
There are many blacks with loooong hair, but most blacks have dry hair. Our hair constantly grows, the body has to produce it, just like we have to poop and pee. It is just up to us how long healthy and thick our results are. This is why proper care, vitamins, a healthy lifestyle, frequent washing, and moisturizers are vital for us to grow our hair. I know plenty of Afro American women who have hair that surpasses their bra clasps, and longer! It's thick healthy, and most inportantly ALL THEIRS! Please don't assume that every afro american female that you see with hair past her ears has a weave or extentions in, this is a sad and tragic misconception!
By the way....a lot of afro american women do wear extentions, but c'mon you can tell when it's fake and when it's natural (i'm referring to people that you see in real life on the streets)

Edited by mcelweewife - August 27 2006 at 6:55pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 8:27pm
I'm with Mitchie. She has always had extensions from the begining. Exept at the begining it was more noticible because she used to wear the ones that are braided on. And you could see the braids at the frontal hair line. The truth is, most of celebrities (african american or not) have extensions. Even Shakira was caught off guard one time, and a paparazzi taped her walking into her house without her extensions. She had super short hair. Although I know her natural hair is very thick and abundant. But now a days the length is added on.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 12:50pm
I think Beyonce is fabulous and her hair always looks great in her videos, In real life not so much, lacefronts can look great once they have been touched up on film but in the light of day they just dont cut it for me, I liked Beyonce in the early days when she wore weaves with her own hair over the top, alot more realistic!.
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 5:16pm

The more money you have the more beautiful you tend to look. Look at Oprah!LOL

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 10:00pm
LOLOLOLOLOLLOL! OMG, that is so true!!!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 11:22am
I wish she'd just go with her own hair.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by ladyflash ladyflash wrote:

The more money you have the more beautiful you tend to look. Look at Oprah!LOL

Umm... aren't there like, a million better examples?

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 6:52pm

I'm sure there are DaveDecker. Got any?

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
HairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 12:06am
Beyonce has always had fairly long hair.  Yes, she may wear weaves for show buisness but she has alot of hair of her own (naturally).  Here are some young Bey Pics.

Edited by HairAddict - December 19 2006 at 12:10am
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 2:07pm
That was then. But her hair is much thinner now. Hair can change with age. My sister had more hair than a lion when she was a little girl, but now, she is not even close.

Hair that is treated with alot of chemicals (relaxers, hair dyes etc) will usually thin out (like Beyonce). As where hair that is kept more natural might stay thicker.

But who cares, Beyonce is fabulous and beautiful anyway.
mcelweewife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 3:43pm
well at least we know she IS capable of growing hair...yall talk like you are her room mate and watched her put the weave in....no one knows what her hair looks like, except the peeps who do it and her family. I don;t know one way or another, but you best believe I'm not gonna sit here and say what her real hair looks like, as if I've seen it with my own eyes, and as if I know her personally.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

That was then. But her hair is much thinner now. Hair can change with age. My sister had more hair than a lion when she was a little girl, but now, she is not even close.

Hair that is treated with alot of chemicals (relaxers, hair dyes etc) will usually thin out (like Beyonce). As where hair that is kept more natural might stay thicker.

But who cares, Beyonce is fabulous and beautiful anyway.

She's much too young to have hair that is significantly thinner than it was in her childhood.  I do agree, though, that the chemicals (especially, repeated applications of it) can murder hair.  Traction alopecia as a result of all the fake hair may have also contributed to the sorry state of her real hair.

Talented and beautiful, and a great performer, sure, she's all that.  Just with badly damaged hair.

Edited by DaveDecker - December 19 2006 at 6:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic