Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

silicone coating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silicone coating
    Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:47pm
i did a search but cant find this:

extension hair that has been stripped of its cuticle and then given a silicone coating (which eventually wears off): what is this silicone coating that the factories use?   is it a special process too complicated to just stick back on old hair?   

i guess it would be too good to be true to just be able to buy some more coating stuff and revive old worn out hair, but i want to try!
Lovelee2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovelee2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 7:28pm
I think their are some conditioners with silicone in them... not exactly the same thing. Sebastian has one I believe. 
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 7:44pm

thank you Lovelee......lol, my bathroom looks like the beauty section of a drugstore....i think i have about 5 or 6 silicone serums

what i mean is: some company somewhere has to make the stuff that Bohme is originally coated with before we buy it....but maybe they do keep it a secret or else we wouldnt be buying hair up so often?
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by nursie nursie wrote:

i did a search but cant find this:

extension hair that has been stripped of its cuticle and then given a silicone coating (which eventually wears off): what is this silicone coating that the factories use?   is it a special process too complicated to just stick back on old hair?   

i guess it would be too good to be true to just be able to buy some more coating stuff and revive old worn out hair, but i want to try!
It's just what you state here..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 3:16am
oh, ok DivaV i figured it must be topsecret or impossible to do, or else everyone here would be fixin' their old hair!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 1:37pm
Onrite sells that stuff to recoat extension hair or hairpieces to restore the sillicone.  But alas, you have to be licensed and have an account to order from them....

I'm going to test it and if it seems like it's good stuff, I'd be willing to resell it to the general public.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 3:19pm
if it works, it would be great.....but someone correct me if im wrong, is that what amm had that was called 'lush milk'.....i read some people liked it and some it was just ok
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 4:07pm
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 4:09pm
that is the stuff that was sold on amms website as 'lush milk'
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 8:04pm
You can revive worn out hair by taking the wefts out, shampoo & dry. Soak the hair in a biosilk, or any type of silicone product for 3 to 4 days. It works well for smoothing down the cuticle, and will keep the hair from tangling for a while.
hAiRjUnKiE247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hAiRjUnKiE247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 9:26am
I wonder if thAt silicone coat works. I love getting new hair. no matter what I do to revive the old stuff I just don't think it is ever close . I am in the process of testing some ideas on some old hair i have lol. the best conditioners I have found are those that come in a box of hair dye lol also the paves line has been working out ok for me. I wonder if their silicone spray may do the trick
I'm addicted..to hair extensions wheeee
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 9:33am
What was the stuff that was talked about a long time ago, like 6 months or more.  YOu put it onto the hair and used your blow dryer to dry it to a crispy texture, then rinsed it off, carefull not to disrupt your hair?   I can't remember the name of it, I do know that Sally's sells a version of it, but it wasn't the same.  It was around a $100 or more for 4-6oz.  Does anybody remember this?  Or am I just dreaming????  Help!!!
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 10:49am
What about the Velvasil? Isn't that something of a silicone restorer? I was thinking of trying some.
MaginOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaginOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 10:56am

gsmilie: I think the product you are thinking of is called Aphogee. It's like pure protien. We used to use it back in the day for fried 1970's perms...lol.

msfitns72: I tried Velvasil, and I think it's just o.k. it's just a leave in conditioner. I liked the Enjoy leave in conditioner better.

metalgirl: Keep us posted on your test
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 11:05am
Thanks MaginOC. Where do you get the Enjoy? At Sally's? I am heading there this weekend to pick up some color so would love to try a few new conditioners! Just picked up the Abba True Shine line....can't wait to try it.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 11:25am
gsmilie, the one I've tried is Sebastian Penetraitt Deep Conditioning Treatment. It's about $27 for 16.9oz at beautyorigins.com. It becomes extremely hard under the dryer. I've got it here and I'll have to try it on some virgin hair I have that is a bit wild. I'll report back on if it made any significant change.

The hair I've been testing lately from overseas is processed 100% Indian Remy with cuticle intact and goes through polymerization without silicone. There is no tell-tale silicone beading and the hair is extremely strong. It looks, feels, and holds curl like Bohyme but the beard is half the length of Bohyme which is a godsend to me since I'm oversensitive to those pesky beard hairs. I've been wearing it for awhile and this treatment does not wear down like silicone. I have an unworn bundle that for weeks has been washed only in dish soap, curled, washed, curled, etc over and over and the treatment is not subsiding. With any luck, this will be something new for the hair industry and we can slowly bid farewell to the silicone breakdown of processed hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic