Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(recipe) breakfast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (recipe) breakfast
    Posted: July 01 2006 at 11:41am

Those of us who don't eat much meat or dairy can have trouble getting our protein, which is a much needed ingredient for overall health and healthy hair.

I've been trying to eat breakfast every day, and wanted to boost my protein, so I created this hot breakfast cereal recipe:

1 cut up banana
1/2 cup hot cereal (I use Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Gluten Free Hot Cereal - it is high in protein - 8g - and tastes great. I make it with soy milk, instead of water, which boosts the protein even more. You could also use  steel cut oats which have a lot of protein too)
1-2 Tablespoons of honey
2 Tablespoons of unsalted sunflower seeds (good protein here too)

I like this cereal because it is sweet without refined sugar, and it has texture (which I like in a food), plus loads of protein. It is also filling and healthy.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 2:28pm
Ohh that sounds delicious. I do something similar but with plain yogurt and granola in place of the hot cereal. 
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic