Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you like your lips shiny or juicy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlabamaKinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlabamaKinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you like your lips shiny or juicy?
    Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:41pm

What brand of lip gloss do you use & do you perfer your lips to be shiny or juicy?

I find that namebrand lipgloss have too much color and are too thick. It feels like I've rubbed syrup on my mouth!

Today I ran out of my cheap lipgloss and the only lipgloss sold at my job's gift shop is a brand called Primal Elements & it cost $8.   In the tube it looks juicy but when I applied the gloss it only when on shiny.  

<-----Stupid $8 lipgloss.

Now the brand that I normally use cost $1. It really doesn't have a name (lip glow, lip gloss, lip shine) but it's sold at every BBS & gas station. It just says roll on lip gloss & has a fruit sticker on the top.
  <----My juicy gloss
Now, the only thing about this lipgloss is that is really doesn't last long so I have to re-apply often. Not that often but often. I think it's because this lipgloss is mainly cheap castor oil.  

<---Cheap gloss base
So what I'll do is apply lip balm first (vasaline or carmex......you know carmex keeps your lips pretty but that's another topic) then apply the $1 juicy gloss on top. This makes my juice last longer.

So right now I have on the Primal Elements lip gloss until I can make it to the gas station in the morning.  They are shiny but not juicy how I like it.
I don't feel as pretty tonight.  

Edited by AlabamaKinks - July 03 2006 at 11:43pm
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 8:36am
Come to think of it, I had a lip gloss roll-on thing that looks a lot like the ones you showed.  It was pineapple flavour and the best lip gloss I ever owned, years ago.  It was free with a cheap magazine.

Maybe I'll just use cator oil from now on
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
mizzshannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 4:39pm
... i thought i was the only one who layered my glosses up that way!  i like my lips to look smooth, plump and slighty colored with an AWESOME-ly glassy gloss on top!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 2:48am
I don't like super-shiny; just a bit shiny and a bit tinted is good, so it looks like I have a little more lip than I do (nothing ever makes it look like I really have lips :-P ).  A little pearly or glittery finish can be good sometimes, too, but nothing too flashy.
More awesome than a manatee!
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:55am
I used to use those roll-on glosses in high school. I remember owning a bubblegum flavored gloss. I loved those! Unfortunately, I had a habit of dropping them and breaking the glass all of the time. I think they are made of plastic now...and klutz-proof! 
Follow Your Bliss
sunkissed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunkissed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 1:40am
I think really shiny makes me look juicy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic