Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde or Brown? I can't decide!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde or Brown? I can't decide!
    Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:52am

I do believe I've been every single shade of blonde and brown, and honestly ..I'm quite addicted to dying my hair. I first started highlighting and dying it when I was in 6th grade (I'm going to be a senior this year.) Anyway, my hair now is starting to grow out.. it's a little past my shoulders, layered and champange blonde.

About in the 10th grade I had really pretty light blonde hair. Then in 11th grade I wanted to dye it, which I did.. and I tried every color of brown imagineable, and even ended up with bright red hair once. lol.

I absolutely adored my light blonde hair.. but for some reason loved the dark brown hair look. Maybe not necessarly on me, but I loved it. Short, layered and straight. I just think the dark brown hair didn't look so good on me because my skin color was so light, but now I'm a lot more tan compaired to what I was. Now it's about time where I need to re-color my hair and I'm not real sure what to do. I miss my light blonde because I think it made me look better, but now that I'm tan I don't want that fake barbie doll look. I want the dark but then again I don't because I don't think the dark suits me.

I did also want something sort of out of the ordinary. I tried adding big chunky brown lowlights to my champagne blonde hair but they faded quickly and didn't show up too good. I was thinking dying the underneath dark brown but I didn't know if I'd look right since my hair was so short.

Please help.

pictures:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7366/myhair1uf.jpg

Edited by red legos - July 09 2006 at 6:48am
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:00pm
from looking at the pic of your hair style, i'd think an all over brown....but then put the big chunky bright blonde sections in it....not really highlights, but panels of blonde
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 6:12pm

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about it though, and even though I haven't started my job yet, I don't really want to loose it, so I'm going to stick with some sort of less crazy hair coloring ideas, ..just for right now.

I was thinking staying blonde and going brown underneath like Sarah Jessica Parker here.. but I need a better picture.

Edited by red legos - July 09 2006 at 6:13pm
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 6:36pm
My favorite hair color on you is the one on the top right that says "slightly darker blonde." Love the color. I think the color SJP has would look nice too. I agree that darker colors are a little harsh on you. Light brown wasn't bad; blonde was best.
BohemeRhapsodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohemeRhapsodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:49pm
I think you look best with your current color. It's a nice shade of blonde. I think you're better off blonde.
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:26pm
do you think the blonde with brown underneath look is too un-perfessional?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 11:37pm

What kind of job do you have, and what are their rules about hair dye?

More awesome than a manatee!
dizzymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 4:33pm
i have to say,i like the brown,it brings out your eyes way more
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 8:41am
I like the pale blonde much more than brown. The brown seems to wash you out.
http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 11:30am
I would go with either light brown or light blond. Those colors seem to look the best, IMO.
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 10:37am
I think the best color for you of those 6 images you included is the bottom left labeled light brown....it's more of a coppery red. It really brings out your eyes and that color compliments your skin tone. The darker colors almost make you looked washed out and goth in appearance and the blonde just seems too yellow....maybe more of an ash blonde or a light buttercream like Redken 9N. Golden blonde which is what I'd call the upper right image doesn't look good on you.

The color of the 2 middle images would make a nice lowlight color for you to give your hair some depth but only a few thinly sliced foils in the crown area.

Maybe some lighter more natural red for a highlight color too.

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic