Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

really bad haircut by unlicensed "stylist"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
berilium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berilium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: really bad haircut by unlicensed "stylist"
    Posted: July 11 2006 at 8:57pm
What recourse do I have for a majorly unprofessional haircut by someone who I suspect has no license in the first place.  I have had enough haircuts in my life to know a professional from a nonprofessional.  The shop owner has given me a refund, but only when I threatened to report her for hiring someone with no license.   My hair has been so chopped that I might as well have put it in a mixmaster.  There is nothing I can do with it for a long time as she left nothing to work with.  HELP!!!!
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 12:24pm
What do you want?  An apology? Money? Prison?

You have Small Claims Court.  You can also file a complaint with the local regulatory agency so they can investigate and possibly spare some other people the same fate.  I don't understand why you would threaten to report an unlicensed stylist and not follow through?  
alpineblondie36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpineblondie36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 12:09pm
It is very easy to find out from the State board of your state to see if that person was actually licensed. Just visit your state's website for professional licensing or just google cosmetology licenses in your state. If you know the persons name you can type it in and it will give you the information you are seeking.
xoxo
justaskkay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaskkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 11:31am
all licensed are to be displayed so customers can see that stylist is in deed licensed

but if i may offer this advice just because there licensed dosent mean they are any better when going to someone on blind faith you are risking your hair although you can get your money back its going to take time to get your hair back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic