Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help on trying another relaxer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicerose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicerose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help on trying another relaxer.
    Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:41pm

Hey everyone Im new here, I hope to make friends with all of you. I need some help deciding something. I want to switch to a lye relaxer because the no-lye ones dry my hair out real bad!! But I heard they  where very harsh on your scalp and that it burns really bad.  so can yall help me decide on that. Plus I need help with something else, the lye relaxer I want to use is mizani and I wanted to know how that works,I hope its a very good relaxer. Thanks every one for your help, God bless y'all

yanetfashions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yanetfashions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 2:10pm
Hello
Mizani is good. You could try the following listed below:
Organic root stimulator relaxer
 Luster's PCJ for children or color hair-I used this product (children/mild)

Also try Active Straight by Kleravitex / Venezuelan Products-it's a treatment without rinsing/Instant straight appearace. COULD BE USED DAILY. The effect of this product is not permanent because it is not a chemical product. But its regular use help the hair look healthy and straight.   

Always use a deep treatment hair conditioner after the relaxer.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:05am
Hi Alicerose,

People have the misconception that no lye relaxers are less harsh than lye relaxers. Well that is a big "LYE" LOL. The only difference is the chemical used. Lye is Sodium Hydroxide and No Lye is Calcium Hydroxide. Both just as harsh. Actually I think calcium hydroxide is more harsh on the hair. I hear Mizani is a good relaxer. I wouldn't know. I personally use Thio texturizers because my hair is curly, so I don't need such harsh straighteners.

So if your worry is that the lye relaxer is more harsh than the no lye, don't worry, there isn't much difference.

Paul Mitchell makes a very good relaxer as well. I bought it for my friend who has very kinky nappy hair. Her hair came out beautiful. She was so happy. So that is another choice. You should e-mail Steve (OMG I can't believe I forgot his last name LOL). You can find him on the Straight Talk forum, or you can visit his website Verticalsinhair.com. He is a chemical expert and will be able to tell you wich is the best relaxer for you. I don't think he likes Mizani, but I don't remember for sure. He is the best expert you will find. You can't go wrong with anything he tells you. I wish I had found him before my TR disaster.

Anyway Welcome. Good luck and great hair
Shary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic