Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please
    Posted: July 28 2006 at 3:46pm
  Hi everyone!

I need some advice please.  I am a hispanic girl with black coarse hair.  Along my hair line I have either new hair growth or broke off hair coming in.  I guess you could compare it to the hair JLO may have along her hairline or even Alyssa Milano has.  However with them being celebrities, their hair looks much better! LOL  Anyway, it is really frustrating.  If I brush my hair back, the hair on my hairline sticks up.  If i part in the middle or side, it sticks up also.  I would love to slick my hair back in a ponytail and actually have the hair stay down and not stick up.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this.  What products should i use?  What should I DO?  LOL  thanks
Mich
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 7:31am
If your hair is long, this new growth is just going to be a part of life.  The new hair just takes a long time before it can catch up to the old hair. 

You can try mousse just near the hairline where it is, gel, or hairspray.  It will depend how well behaved your hair is how much sticky stuff you will need to make it stay.  Mine was never well behaved, so I'd need to put a little gel, brush it out after it was in position and dry, then lightly coat it with hairspray.  (Your hair will be very hard after that, but it will stay.)  Gel alone will be a little less hard, and mousse has hardly any holding power, and your hair can still be soft after you use it.  It will just depend on your hair and your preference which product will work best for you.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic