Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Locks of Love & synthetic hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locks of Love & synthetic hair
    Posted: July 28 2006 at 3:55pm
I see sometimes on here that people cut their hair and donate it to Locks of Love who make wigs for children with cancer. 

I'm  not at all familiar with wigs, but in terms of the hair used, how is synthetic hair different from human hair in terms of quality?  Are human hair wigs usually better?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 4:33pm

Human hair wigs tend to look more realistic for some reason.The problem is alot of synth feels itchy and scratchy.But not all.There is are synthetics that feel like human and can be heat styled just like the real thing.I'm not sure why they dont just use that.It would be extremely cost effective.

They try to say that these wigs cost thousands.This is not true.I can show you five sites where the wigs are extremely high quality and as undetectable as you can get and affordable.I dont know.I guess its cool they want to help out these people without hair,but the whole thing just doesnt sit right with me.It just seems odd to ask people for their hair when they could make a perfectly nice synth wig.Even virgin human hair will have to be replaced.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

It just seems odd to ask people for their hair when they could make a perfectly nice synth wig.

Hey there,

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't doubt that there's obviously a difference!  But I just wonder why synthetic wigs couldn't be used.  Most children (hopefully.....) won't need them for a long period of time. 
nancyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 9:17pm
yes There is are synthetics that feel like human and can be heat styled just like the real thing. there is a kind of synthetic fiber made kanekalon,but there are few company can  produce is. it is  monopolize by
few companies.and expensive than normal synthetic fiber. the synthetic wig is easy tangle. can not perm many times and last short time. but it is cheapest
prem01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prem01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:36am

Hi I am Prem from India. I want to know more about wigs which is good quality at the same time not that costly..could you help me in this matter. Hope to hear from you soon. You can contact me in this ganapathypappa@yahoo.co.in Take care and have a nice day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic