Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*>>HELP!<<*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BellaExotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *>>HELP!<<*
    Posted: August 01 2006 at 10:37am
IM WEARING STRAND BY STRAND EXTENSIONS AND WHEN I BRUSHED MY HAIR TODAY ONE EXTENSION CAME OUT WITH NATURAL HAIR INCLUDED...LIKE...LITERALLY. THE BALD PATCH WASNT HUGE OR ANYTHING BUT IT WAS ALL THE EXTENSION WAS JOINED TOO.

IT REALLY FREAKED ME OUT SO I REMOVED SOME OF THE SURROUNDING EXTENSIONS WHICH ALL SEEMED FINE...THE NORMAL HAIRLOSS YOU GET...

THE PIECE THAT CAME OUT WASNT A HUGE AREA, IT WAS A SMALL SECTION AND IT WASNT TIGHT EITHER. I ALWAYS MAKE MY EXTENSIONS QUITE LOOSE...
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE AREA WAS TO SMALL OR TO LOOSE FOR IT TO FALL OUT?
IM FREAKING OUT COS I DONT WANNA LOSE MY HAIR BUT I DONT WANA REMOVE THEM ALL FOR NOTHING EITHER.
OR IS THIS JUST SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS OCCASIONALY WITH EXTENSIONs?
Katy Sophia
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 11:37am
Just take a deep breath, you will get through this!

Don't panic, it just makes the situation worse!

I too though have paniced when something like this happened b/c hair is like a womens crowning glory!

What type of strand by strand method did you install with?

Personally, I don't think this is a very big deal, occassionally you will loose some hair, naturally.  I have had a couple experiances where when I wore strand by strand methods I brushed or pulled to hard and yanked both the extension and natural hair.

Were you brushing or pulling on your hair alittle to roughly?  I forget I have extensions in sometimes and am guilty of gettng too rough on them.

It could have just been too that you didn't have enough natural hair placed in with the extension hair.

I wouldn't take all of them out.  Goodluck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 1:02pm
Phew.
I used keratin. Its probably cos the natural hair was lesser on that extension. it was pretty small compared to the rest.
I just freaked cos it wasnt itchy or uncomofrtable or anything. it just came out.
Thanks for the reply though, i can relax now lol

Katy Sophia
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 1:53pm
No problem!
That type stuff happens to me too!  Everytime I do a takedown and see more natural hair then I think I should I freak out!  lol!
There probably just wasn't enough natural hair!
I am sure everything will be fine!
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 2:36pm

I used strand by strand for a long while, and I would get a lot of hair around my bonds, but I also got alot of hair that broke off from the weight of the extension because in order to get some fullness on my thin hair less hair was used to bond to. I now have lots of broken off hair, I use pro tac now and have had no breakage!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:56pm
Its not really breakage tho babe, its my hair been yanked out at the roots :(
Katy Sophia
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 5:08pm
dont brush so hard the next time. who ever installed them should of given you some instructions.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 3:41am
Thanks for the replys, you guys are stars
Katy Sophia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic