Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winona Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winona Ryder
    Posted: August 06 2006 at 1:36am
She seems to have been maintaing this short long/long short shaggy style for about 6 months now. Don't know if it's for her new movie, "The Ten", but I must admit it doesn't do anything for me. It looks like she's growing out, but that doesn't seem to be true. In the first small photo below, I thought she looked like a short haired Lynsey Lohan!

Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 4:39am
Very ordinary hairstyle.
She looks better with her ultra-short hair or longer hair. However she is a pretty lady, and looks nice in any hairstyle. I have always liked her acting as well.
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 5:57am
agree with the lindsay lohan likeness, quite uncanny. Shes got a fab bone structure so can do just about anything with her hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Longhaired Guy Longhaired Guy wrote:

Very ordinary hairstyle.
She looks better with her ultra-short hair or longer hair. However she is a pretty lady, and looks nice in any hairstyle. I have always liked her acting as well.
I always love reading "very ordinary hairstyle." What isn't ordinary to you and others who type that? I think she looks attractive with her hair that long. It suits her face.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 2:58pm
Ordinary means just that, ordinary. I assume you know what the word ordinary means. It means unexceptional, in other words the hairstyle isn't that flattering, unique, beautiful, etc... There are many hairstyles I don't refer to as ordinary. Why should it upset you if someone disagrees with you about a hairstyle?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 8:18pm

Ordinary means just that, ordinary. I assume you know what the word ordinary means. It means unexceptional, in other words the hairstyle isn't that flattering, unique, beautiful, etc... There are many hairstyles I don't refer to as ordinary. Why should it upset you if someone disagrees with you about a hairstyle?
Feel free to scroll up and tell me exactly what I said to indicate I was upset with you for disagreeing with me about a hairstyle. I just want an example of someone's hairstyle that isn't ordinary to you. In your response, you didn't give me a single example, but provided a generic "ordinary" answer: "many." That tells me nothing. If you read our previous responses, we actually AGREE on Winona. You like her in any hairstyle; I like her in this hairstyle.

You're not the only one who uses the word "ordinary" as if everyone would agree with your definition of the word. Some people may look best in "ordinary" hairstyles. Would Winona look better in a mohawk? Do you consider a woman with hair to her knees "ordinary?" A woman with her head shaved wouldn't be ordinary, but would Winona look better like that? You see where I'm going with this, I hope...

I'll help get you started. Here is one of probably dozens of galleries of Winona photos. Please give me a couple examples of what you find "not ordinary." Good night now.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 9:26pm
Fatmoogas anyway you can take a lohan pic and Ryder pic and put them side by side. I see it also just the way she has her head angle at. Thanks again for the pics.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 12:12am

You know, now that I think about it, the last guy who used the description "ordinary" was Brent. And Brent hasn't been around for awhile under his old handle. (I heard a rumor he was banned. Can anyone confirm or deny?) So I'm guessing Longhaired Guy = Brent. Say no more. Say no more.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 7:27am
SanFranBrent was banned but now is listed as inactive and back as I'm sure you nave noticed LongHaird Guy.  Posts as LongHiared Guy yet pushes so many toward clippered buzzed inverted naped pixies? 

Long for guys, short for girls... SanFran???.... oh, I get it!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 3:26pm

Very ordinary hairstyle.

Brent, I think you are missing the boat on the pics shown.  The pics are from the set of a movie she is filming, so imho to critique an actresses hair as "ordinary" while her hair is done a certain way for a movie isn't fair.

But with that context considered, the haircut on Winona is very cute, nothing dramatic or edgy, and somewhat common, but still, nonetheless cute!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 12:55am
Hal,
I was never banned. It was a mix up. If I was banned, they wouldn't allow me to post. I discussed it with Karen, and everything is cool.

I never said I like long hair on guys, I could care less how men wear their hair, I'm hetrosexual, so what do I care how dudes wear their hair. I just decided after years of wearing my hair short, I am now growing my hair long again, so I took that name for the boards. It isn't that important, it is just a name.
Obviously there are both men and women who wear both long and short hairstyles, so what does it matter. Somer people like to wear one style, other people another style. Who cares, it is their choice.
I have worn both long hair and short hair at various times, as have many other men. It is the same with women, some wear long hair, some wear short hair.
Long hair doesn't necessarily equate to women, and short hair doesn't necessarily equate to men. For several decades now in the western world, both men and women wear their hair the length or style they want, which is how it should be in free countries.
The last time all of the men wore short hair, and all of the women wore long hair, was many decades ago. Many men have worn long hair for years, and many women have worn short hair for years. And visa versa. So what does it matter? It is their own preference.
Maybe in a small city in South Carolina where you are Hal, all of the men wear short hair, and all of the women wear long hair, but it isn't necessarily that way in all parts of America. In most places there is a variety of hair lengths and hairstyles for both men and women.

As far as women's hairstyles goes, regardless of how I wear my own hair, I will always like short hairstyles on women. Most of the women I have been with prefer to wear their hair in a short hairstyle. That isn't the only reason I liked them, but it was nice, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Longhaired Guy - August 08 2006 at 1:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 12:57am
SSJockey, it was just a comment on her hair. You folks don't need to be so hypercritical about this.
All of you have also been critical, at times, of this or that hairstyle on celebrity women.
So be cool, don't be so overserious about it, it was just a comment, you don't have to agree with me about it. I just made a statement that it isn't my favorite hairstyle on her.

Edited by Longhaired Guy - August 08 2006 at 1:09am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 6:52am

SanFranBrent- It's called a joke... look into it!

However, to continue with it...I offer my sincerest apology, I should have known a guy with a "SanFran" screen name might be more sensitive than guys from a small city in South Carolina.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 1:22pm
Hal,
Yes, I am a sensitive fellow. Intelligent and kind too.

Edited by Longhaired Guy - August 08 2006 at 1:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic