Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Fusion Technique, do you know it?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fusion Technique, do you know it?!
    Posted: August 09 2006 at 1:54pm

Hi everybody!

I am new to this website and I want to say thank you to all of you for your interesting comments!

I am a hair extensions lover and I have been wearing some for 2 years now and do them myself.

Have you ever heard of the X10D method (extend)?

It is a new fusion technique that I have never tried but it looks great and extremely hard to detect.

Here is the link:http://www.rallonges.com/

Check ou the free demo video, it's amazing!
Has anybody tried a similar method and could tell me if it is a good one?
I am thinking of trying it myself.
Thanks a lot for your responses!!
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 2:52pm
it looks good but its way to complicated for me i could not imagine doing my own head this way .....first pull the hair through after glue and after the clamp ooohhh my arms hurt by watching the video....:) but its almost invisible thats great for a strand by strand method
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 3:07pm
Fascinating!  I agree, it would be too hard to do on yourself - but it looks waaay undetectable!  The adhesive they are using looks like nail glue, though LOL
FabulousHairExt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabulousHairExt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 3:58pm
That's really cool! But I would be worried about an uneven amount of extension hair to natural hair, leading to damage and breakage!
fyi I know my spelling sux!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 4:12pm
It looks interesting.  I am going to check into it further.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 4:42pm
Hi girls!
Yes, it would definitely take a lot of time, but I don't like to put on too many fusion extensions, max 40 on my head, so maybe it could work for me.
Also, the hair used for this technique is Remi Cuticle hair, which is the best quality.
I have been reading carefully the posts on this website and I am going to give a try to a new method for me, the seamless extensions. I have ordered all the necessary supplies from Glamourhair.com and expect them by next week, so I'll keep you posted!!
If anyone try this X10D fusion method till then, please let me know!!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 5:15pm
That's really unique. I've never seen it before. Thanks for the link, frenchie.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 2:08am
Ok friends, I emailed this company this afternoon, and by midnight I had an answer.  So already in my book they get points for a prompt response.  Here's the email they sent me.  Not a bad price for a start up kit, either. I just wish I knew how well it worked before investing yet more money in an extension product.

Thak you for your email & for your very expert questions.  The X10D Cold Fusion strands are indeed reusable when used with the semi-permanent adhesive or with the tape-on adhesive, but not when used with the permanent adhesive.

The removal solvent will depend on the adhesive used....each solvent has different properties, and has to be applied on the inner core of each extension.

We offer one length which we label as 18", but in reality it is 19.75"....textures come in Silky Straight & a spiral corckscrew curl.

The X10D Cold Fusion Hair Extensions Startup Kit which includes 60 Assorted Color Twin Hair Units & is priced at $299.95USD wholesale.  The X10D Cold Fusion Hair Extensions Startup Kit contains all the items you need to work with the X10D Cold Fusion Hair Extensions System, including the X10D Instructional DVD, Color Ring, Crochets, 3 different Cold Fusion Adhesives, Solvents, etc. 

Unfortunately, the X10D system cannot be sampled in any useful way, as you would need the installation tools and adhesives in order to be able to work with it properly & appreciate its innovative properties

For more information, or to place an order , please feel free to call us toll free at 1-866-788-5599.  Promotional brochures, posters, instructional DVDs & Videos for our products are available with product purchases.

Regards,

Cam Toutounghi
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 7:59am
I went to the website, i like it. Metalgirl are you going to order it?
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 7:59am
Hi Metalgirl!
Yes, I have received the same email and I can say that the customer service is pretty good so far.
I first want to try the seamless hair and protac method, but I would definitely like to try this technique later!!
I think that I could try it only by ordering 2 packages of hair, because I have a crochet, and for the adhesive and solvent, I already have good ones. I bet you can do this technique with keratin ou liquid gold.
The main point is how undetectable this hair is, once applied on your head!!
I am like you metalgirl, I would like a review of someone who tried it first!!
moffpoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moffpoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 10:06am

Aaah clever method..... Looks like small pieces of skinwefts, attached strand by strand, i think You can get the same result with skin wefts cut in small pieces, and Vapon no tape glue....:P

12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 10:28am

Yeah, it looks like to pieces of skin weft connected at the base.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 3:55pm

Ok, so I emailed the company back with more detailed questions and here are the responses.  It sounds interesting, I may buy the kit, I'm not sure yet.  What appeals to me is how invisible it looks in the hair, that's something you don't get with the microrings.  Particularly in my blond clients, those rings show through their hair easily.  I have better luck concealing the shrink tubes in lighter haired clients, but I'm just looking for an alternative.  These x10D strands look pretty flat to the head, don't they?  That's also appealing to me. 

Here are my questions and their answers:

Hi Lisa:

I fully undestand your concerns.  I have been doing extensions myself for about 12 years & lately there has been a explosion of a great variety of methods, some better than others.  There is no perfect method, but I do believe that the X10D method is very esthetically appealing, certainly very durable, and very flexible in the variety of methods of bonding.  Since the adhesive is placed on the inside of the extension, any soluble adhesive can be used, & it is rendered invisible, and is less affected by oils & conditioners.  As it is a heat free process, it is aso un-affected by blow dryers & other heating elements.  All in all, I prefer the X10D method to all the other single stranded points of fusion methods.

Here are the answers to your questions:

• When you use the permanent adhesive, why can't you reuse the hair strands?   The permanent adhesive is actually a "cohesive" which binds the 2 sides of the X10Ds...the solvent to remove the cohesive is the same as the solvent which dissolves the polymer base onto which the hair is grafted.  If you have any other adhesives that are long lasting, you can use them to bind the X10Ds to your customer's hair, as long as you have a solvent to remove them...if this solvent is differnt from the X10D solvent, then it will not dissolve the base, thereby allowing you to re-use the extensions. 
  • How long does the 'semi-permanent' adhesive last in the hair?  Up to 2 months
  • How well does the extension strands stay in fine hair?  This depens on the hair density of your customer as well the rate of shedding.  ideally, you shuold split the extension into 2 smaller units in a customer with very fine hair.  The amount of the customer's hair inserted into each extensions needs to be at least 75% of the amount of hair in the extensions, if it is to bear the weight of the extension.
  • What about oily hair?   I only need a product that will last reliably in the hair for 12 weeks.  The bond for the X10Ds is within the core of each twin extensions, so it is not exposed to the elements & is therefore not affected by oils or heat or anything other than its own solvent for that matter. 
  • I don't believe that any hair extension method should stay in the hair longer than 12 weeks due to shedding of natural hair, root tangling issues, and rate of hair growth. The Cold fusion method is inserted right to the scalp, as there is no heat involved...so they can be left in longer than other systems.  The bond for the X10Ds is within the core of each twin extensions, so it is not exposed to the elements.  Since the adhesive is not exposed, if the hair is brushed regularly at its root, it will not tangle or crosslink with other extensions.
  • What is my cost for the strands? $2.50 per strand - 2 strands per insertion unit (2 sides)  $60 per pack of 24 extensions twinned up into 12 insertion units.
  • If I order hair strands, how long does shipping take?  You know most clients want to receive their extensions right away. UPS 3 days is $20, UPS overinght is $60
  • Your strands look like they are just seamless wefts cut into a little pieces.  Is this truely a specialized product or just another way to use seamless wefts? The hair is hand-grafted & double knotted into a fiberglass mesh covered with a polymer skin with 2 sides....hair direct downwards on each side.
  • I already use seamless wefts in my salon, but I don't really like them because they glue to too messy to remove.  I use a hairpiece adhesive (Vapon No Tape) and sandwich two pieces of the weft between the person's hair.  It looks nice, but it's a mess to remove. The X10Ds are 2 sided hand grafted polymer skin V-shaped units...the pemanent bond is not messy or gummy at all.  The Semi-permanent bond is a bit messier but dissolves in the solvent....slightly gummy at first.
  • How messy and time consuming is your removal process.  Is the remover a oil based or acetone based solution?  The acetone based removal process for the permanent adhesive is not messy at all !  Removal should not take more than 2 hours for 8 packs...90 minutes for 5 packs.
  • Do your strands shed?  I hate hot fusion methods for two reason: they shed a lot in the hair and the glue can be difficult to remove sometimes.  I won't tolerate hair that sheds a lot.   The hair is hand-grafted & double knotted into a fiberglass mesh covered with a polymer...it does not shed!
  • Currently, my method of choice for strand applications are the micro rings or shrink tubes.  For this, I use the I-tip hair (also knows as 'shoelace' tip hair)  I usually install on the average 200 strands per client to get length and thickness.  How many strands of your hair is equivalent to 200 I-tip strands? Around 5 packs or 120 extensions twinned up into 60 insertion units.
  • For the average  application, how much time does it take to do a full, decent density of hair extensions? For 5 packs: A good 3 hours, an expert can do it in 2 hours, a beginner in 4 hours.

Please feel free to call if you hgave any further questions...it is more interactive.  866-788-5599
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 4:30pm
JennyRR and I had a conversation about this method about a year and half ago. It came up in a thread about cold fusion, and I (or someone) found this method in a search of the net on cold fusion.  So its not really new, but at the time it was not available to the public or for sale. I think it was being done in a clinic in Canada or somewhere.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 5:33pm
Hi metalgirl,
Another concern with this method: the quality of the hair.
It is remy cuticle, which is the best in theory but in practice if it gets ugly after a few weeks, then you're stuck, because I don't other brands in the market that do this method, and there is no way known so far to make these extensions from seamless.
Despite that, I still want to try it, I just have to wait til I have more money!!
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 8:11pm
How much should we charge for a method like this? How much is it for  their 5 packs of hair? I am interested.
Shiry
neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neosoulsenhora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 11:43pm
I was also thinking it looked like skin wefts. I'm going to order some of the hair just to see what it looks like in person. The only "con" about this is you can't use your own hair which limits the textures it comes in needed for different people.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 10:02am
I agree. The textures are limited.
Shiry
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:24am
Yeah, hair quality is always a concern.  You know all the vendors tell you their hair is the best.  You just can't try what they say.

I also wish is was available in other textures, and lengths too.  Maybe they do custom orders, although that takes a lot of time.

I'm still thinking about it, I don't know yet if I will buy any.  I would love to have a sample of the hair without spending the money on the kit.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:41am
Well, I have decided to wait, I'm trying to promote what extensions I already offer. It looks really promising and undetectable, but there are still questions. I'm with you metalgirl, i would rather have a sample mailed out.
Shiry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic