Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*******Glue & Wefts******

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BellaExotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *******Glue & Wefts******
    Posted: August 11 2006 at 3:58am
Can anyone reccomend a good glue?
And generally will wefts damage hair less than strand by strand extensions?
Katy Sophia
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:58am
I think people here like protac tape. I heard a couple people mention it.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 12:50pm
For glue, Protac tape is the easiest.  Then there's Liquid Glue and the Chrissy V glue.

I have seen both wefts and strands do damage in hair.  It really depends on the person's hair type.  In my own experience with my clients, I have put wefts (both machine made and seamless) on clients and I have seen them cause bald spots and breakage.  For those same clients, I switched them to the silicone microrings, and I am not seeing  any damage.  I have found that people with thin, fine hair that  their hair is way more likey to get pulled out by the weight of the weft.  For people with average or better density hair, then wefts are usually good.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 1:30pm

Metal is right, it all depends on the client, if you are constantly playing with strand to strand and the bonds and pulling and picking of course damage will occur.  Normally though damage occurs when clients take their own hair out and rush it or an extensionist removes extensions too quickly without actually caring for their client's hair x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 6:25pm
just a different opinion. And Im not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I think everyone has varying opinions on what is better or less damaging.

My personal opinion, and Im not a professional...just a long time wearer and user and have installed for years on myself and girfriends

I personally think strand methods are more suitable for people with thick or healthy hair. I find from my experience that fine hair is more suitable for weft methods. IMO strand methods put alot of weight on small groups/strands of hair, and to get more fullness or thickness with thin hair you have to add more extension hair to less natural hair, which is stressful.
With wefts I think its easier to add more fullness by adding more tracks and the weight is more evenly distributed across the head causing less stress on the natural hair.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Edited by sherrie215 - August 11 2006 at 6:27pm
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 8:38pm
And a good one, Sherrie, upon which I concur. Yours has been my experience as well.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 9:23am
I also agree with Sherrie, I have worn both, and IMO wefts are less damaging to my fine sh*tty thin hair (opps, still have issues about my hair)

Anyways, wearing wefts also feels lighter on my head, probably because the weight is destributed around  more evenly.

But each person is different and how their hair will react is also different.
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 1:52pm
Everyones right.....I agree with all of you..... but for now......I love my
Protac tape in wefts......and unless something else easier comes out....I won't be changing my method.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic