Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non-boring earrings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-boring earrings
    Posted: August 22 2006 at 8:20am

Why is it so difficult to find earrings that aren't horribly boring?  A girl can only own so many pairs of hoops and studs, after all, before they all start to look the same :-P .  Maybe I need to go to the teen-aged accessory shops at the mall and pick up some little green frogs or something ^_^ .  Childish, yes, but at least it's something different. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 3:13pm
look on ebay at the peruvian alpaca with either murano glass cabochons or semi precious stones.  they are beutiful, cheap and non tarnishing with many variations on the same theme.

and they are rare to see outside of spanish speaking places!
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 2:53am
That's definitely more my type ^_^ .  I used to find a lot of quirky earrings at flea markets and yard sales, but the past several years it's harder to find non-boring things even there :-( .  Is the shipping especially high from South America, or is it pretty fair?  One of the reasons I rarely buy from non-American sellers on Ebay is due to shipping.
More awesome than a manatee!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 12:52pm
I've always found the shipping to be quite reasonable, but it's best to look around and see who offers the best deal.  You could even ask around your friends and see if a few of you want to get together and purchase the earrings as a lot rather than individual pairs - this normally costs about a quarter per pair than buying one pair at a time.

In Britain there are a lot of sellers who sell what they have bought from Peru, and postage is much cheaper then too, so it's well worth shopping round.

Hope you find some you like! 
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 9:21pm
Long, elegent, beautiful dangle earrings in fine jewelry are never boring. They are always classy and beautiful.
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:33pm
I especially like Mother of Pearl earrings, but finding earrings for me can be challenging because I can only wear post earrings. My brother tugged on my earrings when he was a baby and now I can't wear those hook earrings at all. Oh well - I have found lots of really cute earrings at department stores over the past few years - sometimes even on sale or on clearance!
~
Life Love Beauty
sara201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 12:01pm
Hi I curently have 3 piercings in each ear lobe and agree I love finding new ways to decorate my ears. I always wear earrings in each piercing so finding new earrings that look good togather is always fun. I have bought several pair of earrings from harry mason jewelry, they have some very unique designs.
jeanieouk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanieouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2011 at 4:34am

5 tips to avoid making boring earrings

1.Mix metals
Yes, it is okay to do that if you like the look.
2.Mix shapes
Irregular (chips) with regular shapes like rounds or faceted vs smooth
3.Mix sizes
Go with big and small. It's all about contrasts.
4.Layer in both directions
Adding more tiers as well as placing components on top of each other. Wire them if necessary.
5. Vary the overall shape or structure of the earrings
The earrings on the left show a round shape coupled with a flared one at the bottom. The earrings on the right taper down in size.
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:15pm
There are lots of earrings out there which is fashionably and girly looking. I like the accessories and earrings from Forever 21 because of its style and simplicity.
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 4:01am

these are the most precious earrings i treasure so far, and i love them
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic